Chromaphone Question

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Are you still planning to update your existing libraries to take advantage of the new features (Pitchbend, Microtuning, Aftertouch) that have been added to Chromaphone?

Just curious, as that would be swell, when you have time.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:Are you still planning to update your existing libraries to take advantage of the new features (Pitchbend, Microtuning, Aftertouch) that have been added to Chromaphone?

Just curious, as that would be swell, when you have time.
First I would make a new soundset for Chromaphone 2 (which is on the list), but I doubt that I will touch the old Chromaphone stuff again, otherwise I will be haunting my own work for the rest of my life if I would update each bank when a respective plugin becomes updated.

And I know that I said I would update the old Banks if Chroma 2 would have new features, but that was years ago and I got burned in the meantime.

Pitchbend works anyway without needing to program it in, microtuning is best left to the player to choose a scale, and aftertouch is theoretically possible but hard to set up in practice. That needs further work from AAS (probably version 3).

aMUSEd wrote:Microtuning is best left to the player to choose a scale.
I totally agree, in fact, most users don't care about it at all and find anything else than normal tempered chromatic tuning irritating, and quite a few of my more percussive/mallet-ish Chroma patches are detuned/microtonal within in themselves over the entire range of the keyboard.

Fair enough. Proceed.
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

Will do.

It's really too bad that the Midi controller assignments in Chroma 2 are global and not per patch, as a lot of good and expressive things could be done by assigning the wheel and aftertouch, but globally it doesn't make sense at all, arghhhhh....

This entry is a bit like a traffic light: it is on topic, then off, then back on...

I notice that you make use of aftertouch in several of your preset suites.
Perhaps it's not the right place to ask, but a general question in, say, a hardware forum bring too many biased opinions imo. So I ask it here: I am interested in a keyboard with aftertouch, but it's quite difficult to decide. Can you recommend one?
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:This entry is a bit like a traffic light: it is on topic, then off, then back on...

I notice that you make use of aftertouch in several of your preset suites.
Perhaps it's not the right place to ask, but a general question in, say, a hardware forum bring too many biased opinions imo. So I ask it here: I am interested in a keyboard with aftertouch, but it's quite difficult to decide. Can you recommend one?
Indeed an odd place to ask for a decent AT-keyboard, before recommending 100+ brands I would suggest to visit your local music shop and test some keyboards for yourself. I use several here and they all support simple AT/channel pressure (not polyphonic AT), my oldest one is the Kurzweil K2600 XS which has 88 weighted keys, weighs around 30 kg (and I carried it around for years on tour, what a drag) and still is a great master keyboard to use. Akai and Studiologic also offer various decent models.

Please feel free to delete my entry.
My apo9logies: It really does not fit here at all.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

Return to “patchpool”