Any interest in a subscription for HALion 6 sounds?

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic

Are you interested in Halion 6 patches/samples/assets on a yearly subscription basis?

Yes
76%
No
18%
Grmpff
6%

Total votes: 17

RELATED
PRODUCTS

As I'm currently digging deep into Halion 6, learning all the new things I was wondering, if there is any interest in setting up a subscription for HALion 6 sounds. Doing a full library with 100+ patches takes a lot of time and I currently have too many other things to do, so releasing smaller packages over the next year seems to be a better option for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J68syaT ... ZCOlfNMjNJ

I have 100% of the vote!!

I won't close the poll just yet:)

No, 50%, I think.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

I voted yes, but actually would prefer a single library over subscription. Otherwise I get too consumed in doing downloads and installs to a point of it becoming almost counter-productive.
But I've been checking out your teasers and have been waiting for your next H6 offering.

9 pros and 2 cons, I'll let this poll run for a while and then make up my mind.

I'm an owner of Halion 5, will be slowly upgrading to six. I'm interested in seeing what more can be done with Halion 6, and the previous sounds you've done for Halion 5 are unique and aren't really repeated anywhere else.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm an owner of Halion 5, will be slowly upgrading to six. I'm interested in seeing what more can be done with Halion 6, and the previous sounds you've done for Halion 5 are unique and aren't really repeated anywhere else.
:wink: I just wondered what a slow license upgrade would mean, you would slowly hit the Add To Cart-button in the Steinberg shop, then you would wait a week or two until you had received the order confirmation and license code, then you would slow down your Internet connection so that the license activation would take another week, then you would download the 28+ GB of HALion 6 library content in about a year and finally have it all installed...

Sampleconstruct wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I'm an owner of Halion 5, will be slowly upgrading to six. I'm interested in seeing what more can be done with Halion 6, and the previous sounds you've done for Halion 5 are unique and aren't really repeated anywhere else.
:wink: I just wondered what a slow license upgrade would mean, you would slowly hit the Add To Cart-button in the Steinberg shop, then you would wait a week or two until you had received the order confirmation and license code, then you would slow down your Internet connection so that the license activation would take another week, then you would download the 28+ GB of HALion 6 library content in about a year and finally have it all installed...
Actually I'm really slowed down because I've gotten flat wallet just now.. But say 2 weeks time it will start to inflate again..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
Actually I'm really slowed down because I've gotten flat wallet just now.. But say 2 weeks time it will start to inflate again..
Oh I see, I wasn't mocking you in any way.

It's okay mock away heh heh! Just make some sounds for Halion 6 if there's enough interest that is! :hihi:

So I decided against a subscription model and will seek and find the time to develop a full library for H6 over the coming weeks, the patches will be mainly based on wavetable synthesis with the occasional granular and sampling layer. I'll announce it soon including the inevitable pre-order option.

First audio demo...
https://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/ ... r-halion-6

Return to “patchpool”