Tokyo Dawn Labs - Feedback Compressor II - beta 8

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TDR Feedback Compressor II beta 8 is now available!

Latest changes beta 8:

- Overall CPU load reduced by ~30%
- Default Side-chain filter slope now 3dB/oct
- Small graphical improvements (better contrast)
- Fixed a small drawing bug in the reduction meter
- Minor re-tuning of the 3dB/oct SC filter
- Manual revised!

Download here:
http://www.tokyodawn.net/tdr-feedback-compressor-2/

I am looking forward to your feedback and reports! :)

Important: In case you see "DEBUG" in the version number shown in the info screen, make sure to re-download the beta 8 again. ;)
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Certainly a CPU load improvement here.
Logic 9.1.8
OSX 10.8.2

Nice work Fabien, thanks.

I just can't understand how can it be so transparent. And I haven't even turned on the SC, yet! :D It's also a bit hard to make it sound bad.

This is brilliant, Fabien. Thank you so much!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Ok, over 10K downloads in the last 48 hours and still no bug report!

I guess people gave up! Or is beta 8 really bug-free?! ;)

FabienTDR wrote:Ok, over 10K downloads in the last 48 hours and still no bug report!

10K downloads in two days is a lot, wow!

Thanks for this amazingly good sounding compressor! Love it as a mastering compressor, have not used it yet during mixing but will try it soon!

I feel this compressor is going to be awesome on lead vocals.. I guess I will find out soon enough!
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Hi Fabien.

The plug has pretty unusual knobs behaviour. Is it "VelocityBasedMode"? Can we have tiny button to turn this mode on/off? Without a config file, just another vst param. Even hidden vst param without GUI button would be great.

And I think you shouldn't hide mouse cursor on knobs or hide it but return it to the initial position on mouse up (like VoS plugs do). For me it always takes some time to find cursor on the screen after i move knobs.

Thanks.

I would like to be able to turn the mouse velocity feature off now I think about it. Not a big deal, but I would turn it off if possible.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Yes, the current behaviour is velocity based.

But I like the idea of a small linear/velocity switch!

The slider mode is probably best set in a system wide "ini" file. i.e. the plug-in would simply look for an ini file and load the according settings if something is found (or silently fall back to default). I suppose, this isn't an option you want to mess with regularly every time you open a new instance!
Last edited by FabienTDR on Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FabienTDR wrote:Ok, over 10K downloads in the last 48 hours
...imagine if you charged just $10 :-o

solidtrax wrote:Love it as a mastering compressor, have not used it yet during mixing but will try it soon!

I feel this compressor is going to be awesome on lead vocals..
At first I only used it on the stereo bus and loved it.
Then I tried it on a vocals bus and it is really good at that task too.

Beatworld wrote:...imagine if you charged just $10 :-o
I run a record label in 2013, I know for sure something isn't right with this equation ;)

In any way, I'm really happy about the nice buzz. Thanks to everyone spreading the word! :)

Beatworld wrote:Then I tried it on a vocals bus and it is really good at that task too.
It should work great on drums too. Of course, the whole RMS release path will probably be to "lazy" to properly squash freshly recorded drums and percussion. In this case, just "disable" it by reducing the peak crest to zero and moving the RMS release full left.

Yes, there are little niggles left like this mouse thing, if you care to bother with it. I always expect the mouse to appear at the same place where it disappeared. ;)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

FabienTDR wrote:Ok, over 10K downloads in the last 48 hours and still no bug report!

No bugs here. Reaper latest version, ran on a craptop and a decent DAW desktop.

The velocity knobs work fine for me.

DuX wrote:It's also a bit hard to make it sound bad.

This is brilliant, Fabien. Thank you so much!
+1 To that DuX man. We really do get spoilt rotten nowadays by Herb, Vlad & Fabien amongst a number of other great people that just happen to be top class DSP developers. I love it!

Cheers Fabien

Dean

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”