Tokyo Dawn Records - Feedback Compressor II - final release!

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to clarify something, I did read the manual here but still have a question

The blue GR meter is showing GR in dB? So 3 corresponds to 3dB gain reduction and 12 to 12dB?
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Thank you!!!!

FabienTDR wrote:
miedex wrote:For the mono version it would be more user friendly to still have a left and right output channel so you can slap it on inside any DAW without having to manually route the left output to the right input of the next part of the signal chain.
Oh, good point! Expect a small fix in the next days
Hope the fix doesn't turn mono channels in Logic into stereo channels :?:

Back to the main event, congratulations Fabien, fantastic work :party:

:harp: :harp: :harp:

OSX 10.6.8 No problems with Logic 9.1.8 and both versions mono and stereo working nice and stabile.

OSX 10.7.5 / Logic 9.1.8 ..no problems either

:tu:

Mono version not working here on OS X 10.6.8. Both the AU and VST crash any app that I try to use with it. Also the enter key issue discussed in the beta 9 thread is still there.

Good morning , i use reaper cockos 64bit floating point resolution between plugin , and i used your tdr compressor I that preserve this resolution.

why do you choose for the tdr II to input output resolution limit to 32bit floating point?

sorry for my bad english

10.6.8 mono vst crashes Plogue Bidule and Cubase 6.5

Thanks, Fabien.
FabienTDR wrote:Known issues:

- SSE2 required
could you compile a sse1 version for testing? sometimes sse1 proggies use less CPU on old PCs than sse2 ones.
freshandclean wrote:Good morning , i use reaper cockos 64bit floating point resolution between plugin , and i used your tdr compressor I that preserve this resolution.

why do you choose for the tdr II to input output resolution limit to 32bit floating point?

sorry for my bad english
IIRC it's a JUCE (lib Fabien used for the plugin) limitation. I think a 32-bit resolution is OK for compressors but really bad for metering plugs (HOFA's for instance).

Many thanks: the automation of parameters of the plug-in does not work in AU version with Digital Performer 8 and LOGIC 9. Drawing automation curves for both DAW parameters are powered by Automation .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Aiynzahev wrote:The blue GR meter is showing GR in dB? So 3 corresponds to 3dB gain reduction and 12 to 12dB?
Yes.

freshandclean wrote:why do you choose for the tdr II to input output resolution limit to 32bit floating point?
As tico-tico said, that's a JUCE limitation. The reasoning behind is that no other plug-in format offers 64bt IOs. Supporting such a feature would make multi-platform programming a very difficult task (which is already insane by any means).

From thee sonic/quality point of view, 32bit IOs are absolutely fine for audio IMHO. The critical processing blocks run at 64bit anyway. No need to worry about this issue.

tico-tico wrote:could you compile a sse1 version for testing? sometimes sse1 proggies use less CPU on old PCs than sse2 ones.
Performance critical parts are processed via SSE2 instructions, there is no way to simply change the set of instructions back to SSE "1". It need a completely different programming and data-structures and it would deliver lower quality results as SSE is single precision only (32bit).

geronimo wrote:the automation of parameters of the plug-in does not work in AU version with Digital Performer 8 and LOGIC 9
Ugh? No idea what happens here. Sadly, both companies aren't willing to support indie devs or even a provide demo, so any support in this direction will be slow "by design". Automation works fine in Reaper macosx and as well windows DAWs. Not sure what's wrong with DP and Logic with regard to automation. This is probably a "classic issue" with other plugins too, right?

...I'm working on a small mono/au compatibility bug-fix update!
Last edited by FabienTDR on Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

FabienTDR wrote: This is probably a "classic issue" with other plugins too, right?

...I'm working on a small mono/au compatibility bug-fix update!
Except Automation for the rest of my plug-ins work fine .
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.7.2 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape

Edit: I misread your post.. Will run some tests and see what I can do
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Many thanks _

Congratulation on the final release! I love this compressor, becoming a real mainstay on the drum bus. :D

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”