Limiter 6 GE crashing Cubase

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

When using Limiter 6 GE , if I enable "Always on Top" in Cubase 10.5 , the GUI disppears and Cubase crashes.

Happens in an empty and loaded project. I did submit this bug via the site but not sure if you got it or not.

Hopefully this can get fixed :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Hi,
Confirming it happens on mac too.
I always have always on top on my default.... right clicking over limiter and disabling it causes instant crash in Cubase 10.5

Fill (sic) a bug report although it won't allow me to attach my crash log for whatever reason.
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri May 22, 2020 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

I had this problem with the whole TDR plugin line, including Limiter 6 GE, but it was fixed in the latest 1.2.1 update. I'm using the VST3 versions. BTW, they also crashed when adding them to a Direct Offline Processing chain, but it was also solved.

Thanks, I thought I was on 1.2.1, let me go check.

rsp

Edit: Yes I am.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Mine is also 1.2.1, but the build date is different! Apr 19 2020, 20:43:50. I guess they did one of their "silent updates" just last week, as yours reads May 15 2020. I'll download this version and test, maybe they also fixed the screen corruption bug when changing GUI scales. I'm on Windows 10, by the way.

Keep yours handy, remember this one crashes with changing Always on Top status :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Just tested 1.2.1 build date May 14 2020 (VST3, Windows 10). No problems so far regarding the "Always on Top" issue.

Interesting. thanks and you have right click and disabled it and enabled it.
rsp
sound sculptist

I can also confirm that the user interface scale bug I reported some weeks ago is NOT fixed yet. Just try this:
1) Open a project in Cubase.
2) Create an audio track and insert two instances of any TDR VST3 plugin. Close their windows.
3) Open the GUI of the first instance and change its scale from 100% to 125%.
4) Now open the GUI of the second instance. It will look broken, as the window is still at 100% size but the controls are at 125%, so they don't fit on screen.

zvenx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:36 pm Interesting. thanks and you have right click and disabled it and enabled it.
rsp
Yes. In fact, I reported this exact issue to them in the past. I'll try on my Macbook laptop with Cubase Elements 10.5 and see what happens there.
Last edited by Sahul on Fri May 22, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doubly interesting.. I went and redownloaded it. I now have a 1.2.1 build day May 21st :)
I guess the mac has a more recent build.
And this one does not crash on mac.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Sahul wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm I can also confirm that the user interface scale bug I reported some weeks ago is NOT fixed yet. Just try this:
2) Create an audio track and insert two instances of any TDR VST3 plugin. Close their windows.
4) Now open the GUI of the second instance. It will look broken, as the window is still at 100% size but the controls are at 125%, so they don't fit on screen.
Like that I assume?
Closing the GUI and reopening it again fixes it.
I have experienced this before with some other plugins (but usually in vst2)
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:41 pm Doubly interesting.. I went and redownloaded it. I now have a 1.2.1 build day May 21st :)
I guess the mac has a more recent build.
And this one does not crash on mac.
thanks
rsp
Nice to hear that! :tu:. Definitely, this "silent updates" policy is confusing, as sometimes it's not clear what has been solved and what not, as version number don't change.

zvenx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:43 pm
Sahul wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm I can also confirm that the user interface scale bug I reported some weeks ago is NOT fixed yet. Just try this:
Like that I assume?
Closing the GUI and reopening it again fixes it.
I have experienced this before with some other plugins (but usually in vst2)
rsp
Yes, exactly. As you say, the workaround on Mac is simply closing and reopening the GUI (not on Windows, unfortunately), but there are situations where it can be a PITA. For example: you change the scale to 125% and then open an old song with several TDR plugins at 100%. You will have to fix them one by one and resave. And do it again if you regret and decide to change back the scale to 100%...

Yikes.......

Hope LeVzi re-downloads an update that fixes it for him.
After completely hijacking his thread :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”