SlickEQ Custom Models Guide

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When installing the new updates for SlickEQ GE & M, the changelog linked to this page: https://docs.tokyodawn.net/slickeq-custom-models-guide/

I haven't read through it all yet (and I'm not sure if it's been posted before), but it seems like a very interesting read. I'm always hungry for more Tokyo Dawn documentation!

It's an experimental feature we'll most likely expand further with a dedicated editor (realtime), and support over all our products. Similar to how SmartOps developed, this is just a first humble step.

We're looking for ideas and suggestions on how to improve and polish this idea further.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

I look forward to seeing how it develops!

Hi there, I just sent off an email and thought I'd come over here and check things out. This is a cool idea!

One thought is that maybe you can add/enable Tooltips for each of the UI objects that could be modified? At least that way there would be a way to identify what each is. For example, the Pultec pic in your document is SUPER useful. But when I pull up the plugin and that preset, I will be lost without the pic. Tooltips might be a way to clue in the user as to what everything does. (?)

Thanks though, these plugins are fantastic and the email today reminded me I need to spend more time with them to really get the most benefit out of them!
Cheers!

Good suggestion from mibby above, and even better would be being able to set the knob/control labels to easily identify the purpose of the modified controls.

If someone is interested in modelling (approximating) stuff from Acustica Audio, one can PM me and I can borrow my account. Actually, one can also download demo versions of their plugins and model them.

I am not using the stuff at the moment since few instances of their plugins in project killed performance of my computer. TDR plugins are much lighter and sound great. :)

For example, Celestial's behavior of knobs in section "Yellow stereo" - Elliptic and Dimension could be interesting. Also, if someone could approximate Magenta 5 high shelf (from Massive Passive), that would be great. I liked the sound, but cannot really recreate it.

For their modelled hardware list, one can search the internet for "Unofficial Acustica Master List" by doom64.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”