Compressor plugins report gain reduction to DAW?

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would it be possible for the compressor plugins (Kotelnikov and Molot) to report gain reduction to the DAW?

In Reaper at least ReaComp can do it and Sound Radix's Powair reports it too. In Reaper I'm using HeDa Track Inspector which shows the gain reduction for these plugins. Akin to the gain reduction meter in Logic Pro X.

Could be a GE feature?

there is no DAW-independent standard way to do this, so each plugin will have to implement it separately. there already are multiple ways of doing the same thing (REAPER has one, Studio One has one, IIRC UAD had one...), so it's a question of whether it's worth the investment.

for years i've dreamed of this functionality, because that's one thing i always missed from all of those "build your own custom channel strip" plugins - the ability to have robust metering reported from the plugins to the channel strip. there's still no good way to implement that.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Would be nice to have this standardized (and made frequency dependent), but until then, it's not really worth it the effort.

BTW, PT also has one too (+ a gazillion additional features).
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Alrighty. :) ...I'm sure you'll implement it when they (whoever they is) come up with a standard for this stuff. :hug:

I like this idea too but I get it.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”