TX16Wx 3.0.12c released

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Back to reality, and reality means fixes and updates. A bunch of fixes, hopefully not to many new bugs.

TX16Wx 3.0.12
  • Fixed drag & drop crash on OSX 10.14
  • Fixed wav range save/load bug leading to playback hang
  • Fixed program change messages ignored
  • Fixed MIDI note/channel names not showing
  • Fixed performance names not showing in host
  • Fixed program names not showing in host
  • Fixed performance change from host
  • Fixed XML schema error for slot quality
TX16Wx 3.0.12b
  • Fixed crash in wave trim/cut when loop is outside range
TX16Wx 3.0.12c
  • Fixed editing FLAC/OGG wave files
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hi, I can still reproduce this issue:
lmh wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:00 pm Hi, I found a crash in 3.0.11:
- Create a new slot and load a single sample (.wav format)
- Create a loop in the middle of the new sample
- Select a portion of the wave that is outside the loop (before or after)
- (Right click) Edit -> Trim will immediately crash.
Let me know if more details would help.

Doh. Forgot that one. I guess there will be a quick 3.0.12b update as well.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Updated
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Fixed wav range save/load bug leading to playback hang
Does this bug affect Pro Tools on Windows 10?

I've had the following issues when working in Pro Tools 2018.10 with TX16W on Windows 10 Home :
PC (new i9-7940x rig)

- crash with blackscreen and uncontrolled automatic reboot of Windows.
- lockup/freeze with completely unresponsive Windows . I have to physically restart the PC.
- random horrible 0dbfs white noise blast. Gradually fades out after some 5-10 seconds.

I don't know if these issues are caused by TX16W, PT og something else, but I just wanted to mention them since it's happened when having one or more instances of TX16 in my PT session.
Chris

I affects all versions, but I'd seriously doubt this is what you experienced, since it should only happen if you tried to play a wave created by sampling in the particular build of TX where this regression happened. Whether or not TX causes the issues you are having I cannot say. It sounds like a little bit more damage than it could actually do, but...
Fwiw, I have not been able to provoke any special problems in PT.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Ok. Thanks.

As I said the issues might be related to something else, and btw it has not happened for a week or so now so fingered crossed.
Chris

I have the following minor comments on 3.12c, which I really appreciate!

I'm using 64-bit Win 7, mainly with VSTHost.

1) I occasionally get the following warnings tho I can't isolate exactly when, but seems related to redrawing the UI:
Warning c:\jenkins\workspace\tx16wx-plugin-build\platform\windo...:
Unknown error: 0x88990015

I am able to click out of the messages with no apparent problems, so no biggie.

2) vst3 doesn't seem to handle program/pref changes, at least for me with VSTHost. Are there any substantive advantages to vst3 with TX16Wx? Will use VST2

3) Bank control was removed on Program/Performance Changes. (Minor loss.)

4) I use Finale a lot and unfortunately it sends Midi Program Change commands on every channel, even if unused, starting 1 thru 16 with apparently random program selections on the unused channels so basically I can't use Performance mode changes.

It would therefore be useful for me if the performance changes were limited to a selectable channel. Icing on the cake would be that if the incoming program change is not handled as a performance change, then it would be handled as a program change on whatever the incoming channel is. Just more freedom.

Thanks again!

dancingshoes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm I have the following minor comments on 3.12c, which I really appreciate!

I'm using 64-bit Win 7, mainly with VSTHost.

1) I occasionally get the following warnings tho I can't isolate exactly when, but seems related to redrawing the UI:
Warning c:\jenkins\workspace\tx16wx-plugin-build\platform\windo...:
Unknown error: 0x88990015

I am able to click out of the messages with no apparent problems, so no biggie.
Could you please copy the whole message from the dialog? I would very much like to know what it complains about. (Just select the dialog box without marking text and hit Ctrl-C).
dancingshoes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm 2) vst3 doesn't seem to handle program/pref changes, at least for me with VSTHost. Are there any substantive advantages to vst3 with TX16Wx? Will use VST2
VST3 does not have any concept of MIDI, because Steinberg thinks established industry standards that are reliable and work is soooo 1980:s. Indeed, TX16Wx has to jump over hoops like a monkey to emulate MIDI CC for automation/modulation. The same _can_ probably be done with program change, but I am unsure how this maps in the host.
VST3 is an ambitious attempt at making yet another standard, borked by the design decisions making it almost impossible to have it operate side by side with other standards. There is no advantage whatsoever in using it.
dancingshoes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm
3) Bank control was removed on Program/Performance Changes. (Minor loss.)
Sorry, what do you mean?
dancingshoes wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:01 pm
4) I use Finale a lot and unfortunately it sends Midi Program Change commands on every channel, even if unused, starting 1 thru 16 with apparently random program selections on the unused channels so basically I can't use Performance mode changes.

It would therefore be useful for me if the performance changes were limited to a selectable channel. Icing on the cake would be that if the incoming program change is not handled as a performance change, then it would be handled as a program change on whatever the incoming channel is. Just more freedom.

Thanks again!
Interesting suggestion. But shame on finale if you cannot disable the behaviour.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Thanks for the info on VST3.

RE: 3) There had been in 2.4 an option in "Settings" for whether or not to use the midi bank select commands for program/performance changes. Or am I missing something?

Occasionally I'll have more than 128 programs so bank select is nice but no killer if not.

Sampling Instruments does work very nice now, as far as I could test it. THANK YOU!!!! This is very nice to sample CPU intensive VSTs, because TX16WX is now really CPU friendly!!!

Thanks for the update! A bug I found: when trying to drag and drop a sliced loop group into Ableton Live 10 I get a message saying that the .mid file could not be opened.

PTV wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:00 pm Thanks for the update! A bug I found: when trying to drag and drop a sliced loop group into Ableton Live 10 I get a message saying that the .mid file could not be opened.
Fixed in 3.0.13
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Working, thanks!

Return to “CWITEC”