TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
spigmu
KVRist
105 posts since 10 Nov, 2012

Post Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:23 pm

waltercruz wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:04 am
The download links are broken...

edit: ok, download ok.
Yep, the top one's text is right but it links to www.tx16wx.com
which errors. The bottom one doesn't do that, goes to what it says.

elcallio
KVRAF
1860 posts since 27 May, 2005 from Stockholm

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 am

Layout slices. Will map slices into the current program, and even update the mapping if you tweak the number of slices.
It is in the manual...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

jonatello
KVRer
17 posts since 31 May, 2019

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:57 am

elcallio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:56 am
Layout slices. Will map slices into the current program, and even update the mapping if you tweak the number of slices.
It is in the manual...
Thank you for your reply. To clarify, I understand that "layout slices" maps slices to the keys. My struggle is in the slicing process itself.

elcallio
KVRAF
1860 posts since 27 May, 2005 from Stockholm

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am

Then you need to be more clear on what you find troublesome. Tweaking slice boundaries typically moves adjacent slice bounds as well. As far as "jumping" goes, I am not sure I understand what you are saying? Does the slice change unexpectedly? Or does the view shift?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

jonatello
KVRer
17 posts since 31 May, 2019

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:57 pm

elcallio wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:20 am
Then you need to be more clear on what you find troublesome. Tweaking slice boundaries typically moves adjacent slice bounds as well. As far as "jumping" goes, I am not sure I understand what you are saying? Does the slice change unexpectedly? Or does the view shift?
a few things (i'll try to turn the original into bullet points to help clarify)...

1) the "jumping" is at least the view, but i think sometimes the slice changes on me too...for more context, the workflow i'm attempting is importing an entire song i intend to sample into the plugin...zooming in to take little tiny stabs or chords etc from various parts of the full song...this requires zooming way in, and when i'm trying to corral a slice around 1 of the many bits i want, one thing that happens is the view will jump around on me, and i'll keep losing my place...also...

2) When I'm trying to bring a slice into place around a desired bit, the adjacent slices keep insisting on following me and involving themselves in my dragging of the borders (probably by design of how "slicing" is conceptualized) but this can get in the way, especially because

3) all i really want are a handful of tiny snippets throughout the source song, and i have to entertain all this extra material wanting to be slices too, in between the bits i want, also getting mapped to the midi once i'm able to move all the borders where i want with no hiccups, and none of this makes the job impossible (just cumbersome), but this leads me to one of the main things i was trying to ask originally, which was...

4) is there any way to bypass the "slices" thing and just highlight individual bits of the wave, one at a time, and send them each to the keyboard, so i don't have to wrestle with all the surrounding "slices" , the view-jumping, and i can just end up with keys on the midi map that contain only the sample bits i want, and none of the in-between stuff?

elcallio
KVRAF
1860 posts since 27 May, 2005 from Stockholm

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 am

If you only want small bits of the sample mapped for playback, don't use the slice-even or transient tools. Just find the region you are after, and either duplicate it to a new sample, or make a manual slice - create loop of the region that is the section you want, set mode to slice, and map it to the keyboard (set region loop to the slice you created - makes the mapping a slice mapping). Rinse and repeat.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

jonatello
KVRer
17 posts since 31 May, 2019

Re: TX16Wx 3.3.0k released (updated 2020-02-13)

Post Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:38 am

elcallio wrote:
Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:53 am
If you only want small bits of the sample mapped for playback, don't use the slice-even or transient tools. Just find the region you are after, and either duplicate it to a new sample, or make a manual slice - create loop of the region that is the section you want, set mode to slice, and map it to the keyboard (set region loop to the slice you created - makes the mapping a slice mapping). Rinse and repeat.
PERFECT! Thank you! Took me a while hunting through the manual and clicking a million things, but this reply at least gave me a clearer sense of what to look for. This is exactly what I was trying to do. Thanks!

Return to “CWITEC”