MIDI Parameters From DAW

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The context of this question is using TX16Wx as a General MIDI sound module, say, with Jazman GM soundfonts loaded.
Enabling program change mode works as expected cycling through the GM sound set.
I successfully mapped the basics - Chorus level/Reverb level/Pan/Volume using MIDI learn in the TX16Wx Setup tab. The TX16Wx correctly intercepted and identified the controller messages I routed to it. The source is Sonar Cakewalk Platinum. In testing, however, the track values in TX16Wx are not changing.
I'd like TX16Wx to respond to external MIDI controller information on a per channel basis, modifying the corresponding value(s) I've mapped via MIDI learn.
I have purchased a 'Pro' license, and will purchase a couple more once I have validated my use case.
I will create a 16 channel TX16Wx template performance with the FX sends routed to the internal FX1 and FX2 as Chorus and Reverb. With the other parameters controlled via MIDI learn, I should be able to load the template performance into projects and control things primarily from the DAW. This will make it 'GM compliant' enough for my purposes.
Is this use case realistic with TX16Wx, or do I misunderstand the manual?
Thanks in advance for any input.

I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to achieve. The only MIDI learn in the setup page is for mapping external controllers. These are a mapping of MIDI CC to "slots", mainly to be able to switch between MIDI sources (i.e. controllers) when using CC modulation of sounds. They have nothing to do with neither automation nor FX.

However, both FX parameters as well as FX send levels (per program slot) can be controlled with assignable automation. Just right click the FX knob/slot level fader and assign a controller number. You can then control this from your DAW. Most DAWs will let you map MIDI to automation as well, so that should be able to deal with that use case.

For your case, you might set up 16 program slots, assign each send 1 & 2 to automation 0, 1 (slot 1), 2, 3 (slot 2), etc. Set sends to FX1 & 2, assign reverb, chorus, maybe set up automation for some nice FX params, then save this as a performance to be used as a starting template.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”