TX16Wx 3.2.2 beta available

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SDG wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am
elcallio wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:18 pmNot sure what "delayed clicks" you are talking about. The samples play back fine for me?
Well, I sent you a sample audio file to info@cwitec.com for you to listen. Anyway, when I set to 0 the Decay 2 and Sustain, the weird clicks dissapear.

I´ve used the Pro features now. I have to say that CPU usage is way better now, and note stealing has also been fixed. Now it´s much closer to Sforzando with the double trill example : it approximately doubles it (ca. 3% of TX against 1.5% of Sforzando), which is reasonable, taking into account the difference you mentioned between an static and multi-purpose engine. Kontakt, for example, is closer to Sforzando - ca. 2,3%, and always talking about Piano In 162 -, but that must be related to some multi-core manipulation. Anyway, the improvement in TX´s performance is quite welcome.

Now, regarding the Pro trial, I think it has shifted from severe into plain punishing. The first time I turned it on it started at 96 seconds or so, more or less as it happened repeatedly in the previous build. I turned off the plugin and when I activated it again it jumped to 190 or so seconds. The third time it went straight to 560 or so seconds (!!!). After that, I wouldn´t be able to test any Pro feature again, I have to admit. It´s too unfriendly, maybe because it still takes into account the free usage time.
Yeah, that is a bug. It accidentality increments days every check.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

New build up. Should fix the aforementioned bugs.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:22 pmNo, you are creating a new slot, but it will still map the same program. Note that changing the slot volume, which is a part of the slot, is not mirrored. Programs a distinct entities that can be mapped more than once. Use duplicate program in the new slot if you want a new program instance.
Sorry, Calle, I don´t understand. "New program slot" should create a blank new slot, shouldn´t it? Both "New program slot" and "Duplicate program slot" seem to do exactly the same, that is, to duplicate the existing program in a linked slot. With any of those options, new slots are always linked. The only way to create a really new slot is to drag and drop a sample in the window. I´m fine with that, but "New program slot" should do what it name implies, I think, and differentiate itself from "duplicate program slot".

Regarding the error sign, I´ll try to reproduce it sistematically. By "turn off/on", I meant setting Tx16wx offline in Reaper´s FX chain...

Regarding Pro trial, it still begins with a 574 seconds countdown, after having used the Pro features for a really brief time...

The new slot is blank. But it will still map a program, and if you only have one program loaded/created, it will be the same as the previous slot.
A program is where samples are mapped etc. A slot is a place where the program is tied to a MIDI channel and output etc. Creating a new slot does not create a new program.
Try using "create new slot", then clicking the "plus" icon for "create new program".
I've sent you an email regarding the pro countdown.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Thanks so much Calle!

Continuing with the observations about 3.2.2, I see a couple of things :

- Ctrl + Drag and Drop from TX´s own browser seems to act slightly different now when you Ctrl + drop. Say I choose a bunch of samples to map with Ctrl to different velocity layers. Now Ctrl seems to unselect the sample you click to drag. The same happens when selecting varios regions or groups to batch modify a setting. Now you first have to click and then press Ctrl for the desired actions to take place.

- I´ve had a couple of times an error sign with the following code : idx://#18446744073709551615, stating that it could not load some content after setting TX16 offline and online again in Reaper´s FX chain.. I haven´t been able to reproduce it sistematically, but it happened when I dragged and dropped from Reaper´s Media Explorer, that´s all I could observe about it.

- Taking the Yamaha9000 kit from Pettinhouse as an example, when you drag & drop samples in a region, layering them by velocity, the velocity mapping sometimes is distributed in the following manner :

0-14
15-29
30-44
etc... (for example, with the Cassa samples)

Or, with the Snare ones, you have something like :

0-15
15-30
30-45
etc..., where you have overlays in the velocity values. For the Pro version, which has crossfades, I guess this could work, but in the Free one it doesn´t make sense to me. Maybe I´m missing an option somewhere that addresses this.

The first kind of mapping seems to me the correct one, don´t you think? I don´t know if there´s any info embedded with the samples that causes this.

With this specific Yamaha kit, I´ve had a better experience dragging & dropping with the Free version than with Pro : out of the box, Pro mapped the samples to velocity layers in a strange fashion. You can compare it yourself using the Cassa and Snare samples. Maybe it needs careful settings to achieve a great experience with the token options and all, but doing a quick mapping was certainly better with Free than with Pro in my case

Regarding the "New Slot" topic, now I see that clicking the "+" button creates a new program and effectively unlinks the new slot from the previous one. I´m fine with this, but anyway I leave here my opinion (which, needless to say, can be taken or left) : it just doesn´t make sense to me that "New program slot" duplicates and links slots, just the same as "Duplicate program slot". I would personally differentiate between :

- New program slot
- Duplicate program slot
- Duplicate and link program slot
- Unlink program slot

In that way, everything would be more intuitive, in my humble opinion. There could even be an option to "always link when duplicating slot".

Thanks and thanks for all...

Think of slots as web browser tabs. If you have two slots open to the same web page, changes to the web page content will show in both (try with a google doc).
Again, the slots are not linked in any way. They just both hold the same contents. Programs are not duplicated just because you duplicate a slot.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

SDG wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:37 pm Thanks so much Calle!

Continuing with the observations about 3.2.2, I see a couple of things :

- Ctrl + Drag and Drop from TX´s own browser seems to act slightly different now when you Ctrl + drop. Say I choose a bunch of samples to map with Ctrl to different velocity layers. Now Ctrl seems to unselect the sample you click to drag. The same happens when selecting varios regions or groups to batch modify a setting. Now you first have to click and then press Ctrl for the desired actions to take place.
Because there only are so many modifier keys on your keyboard. Ctrl-click in browser selects/deselects more items. To be able to use the same modifier for dropping, yes, you will need to press the ctrl after beginning to drag. It is (pun intended) a drag, but until we get more (standard) modifer keys, that is the way it is. You can always turn on velocity/single key mapping using the icons in the region editor if you don't enjoy finder dancing.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

New build up to deal with the slightly off distribution of velocity. Also fixes a glitch in the button-vs-modifier-key interaction.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:17 pm New build up to deal with the slightly off distribution of velocity. Also fixes a glitch in the button-vs-modifier-key interaction.
The 3.2.1d from November 30, 2019 ?

No. This is the beta thread. So beta build.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

It may sound obvious indeed, but as the date of the beta is previous than the one from the official release, it is misleading.

It is beta builds. I don't update the wordpress entries, just the downloadable files. It is not misleading, you just need to trust my posts and their dates more than the web page. :-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

Thanks so much for all the quick fixes, Calle! Evrerything seems to be fine now. If I see anything strange I´ll write...

Return to “CWITEC”