How can I determine the effective save location of waves?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The waves list doesn't give any clue about the actual repository of a wave (from where it was loaded and where it is saved). I want to know if it was loaded from the project dir (relatively), from an absolute path or even deserialized from the embedded blob in the FXB chunk.

My observation is, that everything is serialized from and into the project - always.
I turned off all options like "Save all waves in FXB", "Save waves in project", "Use places when saving files" with no effect (maybe they will be effective for newly added waves, but not for existing ones?)

I took a look in the Log - when saving the project in the host application, the log shows UNC paths of the wave files, but these are not true. E.g. it says...
"[INFO] Saving file:///C:/Samples%20SFZ/Strings-Acoustic/Glissandos/Fast.wav"
...but I deleted all wave files from disk before and they're still loaded
...when I look into the project file I can see the encoded blobs (and it's huge)
...after saving, the files can not be found on disk (in opposition to the log message).

Tx16Wx Version 3.3.0k PRO (Host is Cantabile Performer 3.0 Build 3653 x64)

Visualising the full path of waves is probably not a bad idea. Will not do it now though.
Settings for where to save files only apply to new (not yet saved in the chunk/bank/whatever) files, yes. If you don't need things co-located with the projects I would really suggest turning all "save in fxb"/project/always _off_ and just have references to your sample library (assuming you build one :-))
Note also that even if a project saves a copy of a sample (because it is modified), it will retain the original path reference, so if you save your project with an edited version of a sample, it will also _load_ as an edited version of the original sample.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thank you for clearing up things.
I just found out how to get rid of the embedded samples afterwards. After turning off the options, I used the function "Load replacement wave" and chose the very same wave files that were currently embedded. This will throw a warning - which I ignored. You'll see no change at the UI at all, but internally (in the project file) the blob shrank to a minimum.
Maybe the details of your post (and this one) could be mentioned in the manual.

Could you tell me what warning you got, and which version you used?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”