TX16Wx 3.5.1a Released

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

elcallio wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:13 pm @Yeager - wot! FL uses the old VST api:s, and I managed to cause a regression there. Fixed now.
Yep 3.5.0.e works as usual, thanks for the quick fix :tu: :hyper:

Hi,

would it be possible to reupload version 3.5.0e for Win64 or upload it somewhere else?
I tried to download it several times, but unfortunately the file ever was invalid (never bigger than 11-17 MB). There seems to be a problem with the location, the file is stored.

many thanks
Windows 10 x64; Reaper 6.x x64; TX16Wx Pro 3.x x64 VST3

@Nolli - I just tested downloading the file, no problem. I can only guess this is a connectivity issue from your location?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

elcallio wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:22 pm I did. Unfortunately I could not make much from them. Only that they where in a state that is not possible. :-)
I added an additional (redundant) check, but I doubt that fixes it. If you can repro it some more, I'd very much like more reports.
Thank you for helping . I contacted ableton and they pinpointed an area I don’t know if this screenshot helps, I’ll send over another crash report also

Screenshot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

elcallio wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:16 am @Nolli - I just tested downloading the file, no problem. I can only guess this is a connectivity issue from your location?
Meanwhile i had success, very early in the morning. My internet connection is quite good. It could be, that the server was overloaded o.s.e.
Now i am very happy to have this wonderfull work.
Windows 10 x64; Reaper 6.x x64; TX16Wx Pro 3.x x64 VST3

@ryanrad4d - no can't really say the screenshot helps. Please send the actual crash dump files instead.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

I think there's a regression with versions g and h regarding the "slice" mode in sampling regions. I get a "bad component" error whenever I try to change an item in the Regions area to "Slice" from the default "DFD" mode. "bad component" also continues to appear whenever the region list items are re-rendered. I didn't have any issues with this before version f.

@GCRev, I cannot repro this. You will need to provide some info on your system etc.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

@elcallio resolved after a full computer restart. That's a little odd, but I guess it does say to restart after installing.

Thanks for the latest build :) I would like to know: Where are you heading with TX16Wx? What are your plans for the future? Will there be a fourth version? How long do you plan to support the plugin? Personally I'd love a "future proof" and mostly bug free version that I can rely on for the next years or decades. I. e. a build that for example scales really well with 4k resolutions and that is also really stable, with all functionality that is offered right now.

Thanks Calle!

As for the question of TX support: TX is not going away anytime soon, though I am not sure what to add next beyond just small tweaks. Ideas for a glorious v4 much appreciated... I have neither resources nor inclination to build any massive library machine (hello kontakt) with scripting etc, but useful features that warrant a major version would be neat to come up with.
To be frank, there are a number of small changes I'd like to make right now, but fitting them into the UI is hard.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:

elcallio wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:16 pmIdeas for a glorious v4 much appreciated...
elcallio wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:16 pmthere are a number of small changes I'd like to make right now, but fitting them into the UI is hard.
The only thing that bothers me is that the UI is a bit awkward to use on a small screen. On my 15" laptop (which is all I've got) using TX can be a bit of a scrollbar nightmare, so it would be great if the UI could be even more resizeable/rearrangeable/collapsable/customisable than it already is. I don't have any concrete suggestions though as I haven't given it much thought.

Good to hear!

I'd also say that, to make the VST "future proof" and even more appealing to potential new users, maybe some aesthetic glam up might be helpful. Feature wise I'd say TX16Wx is near perfect, as a plugin it's even more attractive than Kontakt for me since I don't need huge libraries and Kontakt can't even catch/sample the Daw-Audio-Input itself. While TX16Wx is build around core sampling functionality, to me it seems like Kontakt is build more around libraries. I don't like that.

Maybe, to make TX more inviting and appealing to new users, some sort of color schemes would be a cool feature. I for example would love to see red instead of yellow audio waves and less blue in general. Just some sort of choice and easy to change GUI looks would be awesome. I know skinning is possible, but I'm not firm with IT stuff and it would be too huge of a barrier for me to fiddle with it myself. I imagine that's the case for most users, so some easy to apply, pre programmed schemes/gui options would be awesome.

Also it might help to very visibly link this forum on the distribution website so that those who download the sampler are vigorously poked to this place and thus become 100% aware that there is guidance available here. I'm not sure this is the case right now.

What's most important to me though: I want to be sure that I can use TX16Wx for years to come and that it doesn't break apart functionally in some ways. I might be a little too future focused, but imo it's a huge commitment to set for one sampler to learn, so my fear would be that when one day I finally feel like I mastered its potential, I can't use it anymore and have to learn something else/use an inferior sampler plugin. That fear is given less with plugins supported by huge companies, even though I am aware that your support is and has been exceptionally great. So in short: I wouldn't necessarily need a v4 that introduces ground breaking new features, I'd just love to see some minor gui revamps/new options and ongoing bug fixing so that - should you one day decide not to work on TX anymore - we are left with an almost bug free version for years to come.

So with all this in mind: Thank you once more for your great work through all these years! You are really filling a market gap that hadn't been filled and imo still isn't by others: Offering a lean, highly functional and feature wise almost complete sampler plugin. While there are thousands of synths, apart from TX16Wx there are just no really good samplers available. And imo, if you have a synth and a sampler, you are set for music production.

Edit:
I thought of another feature/update I'd like to see: Some more outputs, maybe even up to 32 stereo outs like Halion has. But it's not that important for me.

Return to “CWITEC”