Routing in Reaper for sampling

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
after reading the manuals, i have not found any way to sample directly with the Tx16wx. All videos describes only the use of existing waves but i have found absolutely nothing that describes, how i can sample from a hardware-synth, a mic or a vst-synth. I know, that this sampler has the possibility to autosample e.g. from a vst-instrument. But all the routings i tried, where not able to send audio into the samplers input.

[b]Manual[/b]: Midi generator - TX16Wx will generate MIDI notes on the DAW output bus. Route this
MIDI to an external instrument and its audio output to the TX16Wx input bus

But how can i route the Audio output to the TX16WX input bus using Reaper? I have read that this should easy in Reaper, i tried everything....but had no success.
Maybe someone can send an image of a working routing matrix?
please help me
Windows 10 x64; Reaper 6.x x64; TX16Wx Pro 3.x x64 VST3

Use my template, maybe you can also use it to answer your routing questions. Make sure to "allow feedback routing" in the project settings, otherwise it won't work.

Then use the WASAPI driver shared loopback mode to sample your Windows audio. The "Stream" track is routed to TX16WX so you can sample properly.

Took me a while to figure this out as well, have fun

Seems like I can't attach Reaper project files, therefore wetransfer:
https://we.tl/t-GINGaqhd5y

This question has been answered previously in this forum. Basically, you need to place the other VST instrument on a different track, route TX Midi to this track, then route the audio back to the TX track. And turn on "allow feedback routing" in the project settings.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

This is how to sample a VST. Works really well. :)
elcallio wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:43 pm Here is a small REAPER project for resampling a VST instrument with TX.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1rN65Q ... SsWE8caIMP

@dunadan: Thank you, very nice made template. But the problem ist: it does not work for me, although i tried for severel hours now. As i have understood, i have to load the TX in Track 2(TX16Wx). The Tracks 3-14 are e. for my vst-Instruments. And Track 15 (Stream) send audio to the TX.
Well, so i did and in Track 3 i loaded the Podolski-VST.........But there is still no audio comming in in the input of TX, MIDI Gen. in TX does not work. I am completely frustrated.....I love "Reaper" and i love TX16Wx......but i still cannot sample anything.

@elcallio: Thank you, for responding. But that does not work,....whatever i do. I have done this a hundred of times...no success.

The tracks 1-12 are just midi tracks to trigger TX16Wx, for example Snare on track 1, Kick track 2 etc. That way you can mix them all seperately. I'm coming from an MPC and use TX16Wx+Reaper just like one. Doesn't matter in your case.

Try using the WASAPI sound driver, then shared loopback. That way all audio will be routed through the "Stream" track to TX16Wx, because the audio output is at the same time the audio input.

Point is: It automatically sends all sound to the sampler. Just create a VST track (doesn't have to be in the TX16Wx folder) and play your instrument. The sound is routed so that TX16Wx can sample it.

I haven't used the Midi Gen., I just press record in TX16Wx, play what I want to sample, stop recording and done. After that I usually set WASAPI to exclusive mode again to achieve a proper latency (shortcut CTRL+P)

Don't give up. Maybe do some more research about drivers, routing etc. You'll figure it out eventually since it all follows reason.

@IXIX and ellcalio: Hallelujah!!!!!! Thank you very much for sending the template "resample.rpp". This really works.....great!
After days or consuming hundreds of posts/videos/try and errors....this is the solution. Thats what i can say for now and i will figure out the mistakes i did and the differences to the template from dunadan. Thanks for all of you, answering to my post so quickly and helpfull.

Check this:

https://imgur.com/a/0l3MTEi

If I wanted to sample a VST Synthesizer, in my case I use Surge, instead of playing Spotify I'd just play Surge and record that.

Edit: Glad you figured it out.

@dunadan: Thanks again, i understand you kind of working. Surge ist a really nice synth i use to sometimes.

Return to “CWITEC”