TX16Wx is SO LOUD!

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am trying to use the TX16Wx soft sampler to play soundfonts and the volume is just unreasonably loud. So much so that I have to turn the fader down on the audio output track to almost nothing, and even then I think it's still clipping inside the plug in itself.

I can't for the life of me find any kind of master volume in the plug-in. I have looked through the documentation, but have not been able to find a solution to my conundrum so far. Anyone else seen this and/or have a fix for it?

TX16WX v. 3.5 in Cakewalk 2020.11 build 99
Byron Dickens

Not surprisingly, all volumes in TX are at 0dB by default. There is no "master" volume since there is no master. All sounds aspects are fully dynamic. What you are probably looking for is slot volume, which btw I think is pretty easy to find and understand in the manual.

I would suggest simply mapping a sample in a new program in an empty TX to get a feel for what "normal" volume is.
If you are importing a sound font that somehow plays way louder than this, chances are that the sound font is either weird in some way, or misinterpreted somehow, possibly with gains or drive turned up somewhere. In either case, I would perhaps suggest posting said sound font here, and I will look at it and see if there is something not being read correctly.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I got the slot volume thing. That's no problem.

It seems the issue is that when I map the channel faders to the slot volume, the default MIDI volume of 101 translates into something like + 4.4db instead of 0.0 like I would expect. This behavior does not manifest itself on any other VSTi at my disposal.
Byron Dickens

Slot faders go from -90dB to +6dB, i.e. 0x -> 2x volume. Since the faders are mapped volume linerarly, that means 1x/0dB is at Midi value 64. Quite logical I would say. Why 101 (i.e. 0.8 on a 0-1 scale) would be 0dB is not very intuitive to me. Even if you do logarithmic mapping, 101 would be about +1dB.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks for the patient replies.

I suppose I am expecting the faders for MIDI tracks to behave in the same manner as audio.

I am also used to plugins that have a master volume. Perhaps a feature request is in order. In the meantime, it looks like I will have to just work around this.
Byron Dickens

Return to “CWITEC”