Small Request (hopefully) Fade In and Out Key Command option

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Stian

At the moment you can only assign the Fade Editor window to open via key command. It would be really nice to be able to assign Fade In and Fade out to key commands.

Thank you,
Nathan

Hi Nathan,
nathanj wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:41 pm At the moment you can only assign the Fade Editor window to open via key command. It would be really nice to be able to assign Fade In and Fade out to key commands.
I apologize -- I seem to have missed your request. I'm wondering how to solve this, though. Keyboard shortcuts are assigned to commands and there's only one fade command that covers both fade outs and fade ins. Maybe I should add commands for "Quick fade out" and "Quick fade in" that simply applies fades with the last settings. These could then easily be assigned to keyboard shortcuts. Any opinions?

Best,
Stian

That would be very handy indeed! Quick fade in/out shortcuts would be ideal, it's a bit of a hassle doing fades through the Fade Editor window every time.

No worries. I’d honestly forgotten i’d posted it ;)

I’d honestly be happy with anything, even just simple linear fades applied over the length of time selected. Or maybe a menu setting where you could assign a type of fade (linear, log, etc) and have that applied to both quick fade in and out. Anything more and you could open the editor.

Thanks for considering this!

And a +1 for this, it was one of the first things I missed when moving from Audition to Acoustica.

Regarding shortcuts, Audition lets you assign these to anything, including VST effects, which is very useful. At the moment it can be hard to find a specific effect and call it back again if its not been used recently in Acoustica.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll make sure to get "quick fades" into v7.2. Keyboard shortcuts for plug-ins is already on the roadmap, but I don't think we'll manage to get it into 7.2.

Best,
Stian

Awesome!

For the key commands what about using "Shift + ," for fade in (<) and "Shift + ." for fade out (>)? Or Shift + I" and "Shift + O".

Thank you,
Nathan

nathanj wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:11 pm Awesome!

For the key commands what about using "Shift + ," for fade in (<) and "Shift + ." for fade out (>)? Or Shift + I" and "Shift + O".
I implemented this using "Cmd / Ctrl + Alt + I" and "Cmd / Ctrl + Alt + O". ">" and "<" cause multiple problems on non-US keyboards. The shift modifier is usually for view related commands, so using Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows) and Alt makes it a bit clearer that it actually changes the audio.

Best,
Stian

Much better than my suggestion :)

Return to “Acon Digital”