Acoustica 7.2 Standard: Horrendous stability problems in device preferences.

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

29 May
[May 16th post deleted by author.]
I think people should have gotten the gist by now.
P.

It seems like I should, for example, be able to work inside Izotope Ozone standalone, close it, then open up Acoustica 7.2.8 and edit files without having playback errors. But I can't. Even Audacity is more reliable in this regard.

BTW, ever since I began using Acoustica, I haven't been able to edit or store user effects presets in Izotope RX 6 or RX 7. I just tossed the presets I wrote myself because I could no longer edit them. I'm still scrambling for workarounds until I get the core problem fixed (if ever. Reinstalling my RX programs hasn't helped).

Restoration Suite works without any obvious problems, likely because it's just a plug-in set, not an editing program. There are certain parameters RS just can't access, so it doesn't muck with RX settings.

But Acoustica, as a full-fledged editing program, is obviously a very different story. I've had to uninstall 7.2.8. accordingly. I can't get it to peacefully coexist with my Izotope programs.

I'm sorry to hear that. To be honest, I find it very hard to believe that Acoustica affects the preset system in RX in anyway. They are, as you say, two separate applications. Regarding the audio issues, we have are aware that Acoustica on some computers lose the audio settings from time to time. We're working on a solution for that issue and it will have to priority for the next release.

Best,
Stian

I have no interferece between Acoustica and iZotope RX7

Best
Peter

Gevatter wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:00 pm I have no interferece between Acoustica and iZotope RX7

Best
Peter
That's good to hear -- thanks for letting us know!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”