Acoustica 6 basic version converting 24 bits to 16 bits

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using the Acoustica 6 basic version build 19 and saw from the menu item Sound/Convert Sample Format I can change the sample rate/bit depth and channel format to convert from 24 bits to 16 bits. I have the option of No Dithering, Noise Shaping only and Noise Shaping and Dithering. The question I have is if I use the Save As from the file menu and I use the option button and change the bit depth from 24 bit to 16 bit what will happen? Does it pick one of the sample format choices automatically?

I though it would pick the new bit depth as default when saving... Which format are you saving the file as?

Best,
Stian

Pretty much all of the stuff I did last year was sketching ideas and then saving them as MP3 files. I just finished recording one song in 24 bit in Reaper and then I brought it into Acoustica 6 to trim the ends and convert it to 16 bit to put on a CD. I never knew the Convert Sample Format option was available. I had looked in the help file but didn't see it so I would save my 24 bit WAV file with the Save As option and I would changed the bit depth from 24 bit to 16 bit. It works but I was wondering if it picks a dithering option automatically or maybe doesn't do any dithering at all? Now that I know about the convert option I went back and converted the 24 bit WAV to 16 bit WAV and then saved it.

Return to “Acon Digital”