Acoustica 7.0.1 stability

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been using Acoustica 7 for only a few days and have mostly engaged in fairly simple tasks: recording, deleting segments, adding fades, adding silence, and adding labels. Adding labels has been my primary focus for the past two days, and Acoustica has crashed at least three times. It twice provided the opportunity to create an error report (which I did on one of the occasions), but the most recent time it simply hung up and required me to kill it with Windows' Task Manager. Needless to say I lost a bit of the work I was doing, and I've resorted to saving the file I'm working on every couple of minutes.

Although it didn't crash, Acoustica 7 dropped all of the File Properties at my most recent Save As. This was easy enough to remedy (re-open the file, re-enter the Properties, and file it again), but the user shouldn't have to.

FWIW, I'm running this on Windows 7 Pro.

Hi Paul,
Paul_J wrote:I have been using Acoustica 7 for only a few days and have mostly engaged in fairly simple tasks: recording, deleting segments, adding fades, adding silence, and adding labels. Adding labels has been my primary focus for the past two days, and Acoustica has crashed at least three times. It twice provided the opportunity to create an error report (which I did on one of the occasions), but the most recent time it simply hung up and required me to kill it with Windows' Task Manager. Needless to say I lost a bit of the work I was doing, and I've resorted to saving the file I'm working on every couple of minutes.

Although it didn't crash, Acoustica 7 dropped all of the File Properties at my most recent Save As. This was easy enough to remedy (re-open the file, re-enter the Properties, and file it again), but the user shouldn't have to.

FWIW, I'm running this on Windows 7 Pro.
Thanks for testing out Acoustica 7. I'm sorry to hear that you experience instabilities. Crash reports along with a description of the steps prior to the crash are very helpful for us when ironing out these issues. The built-in crash recovery would usually reload files automatically when you reopen Acoustica so that you don't lose any work, but it seems as if that didn't work in your case? If you remember what caused the freeze, please submit a support ticket with the steps prior to the freeze and we will try to reproduce it.

Thanks,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”