Acoustica Premium 7.24

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I am missing the presets input and the button "More" for to Add/Renove Presets on the VST-plugins like ist was in Acoustica 6!
Peter

Hi Peter!
Gevatter wrote:Hi,
I am missing the presets input and the button "More" for to Add/Renove Presets on the VST-plugins like ist was in Acoustica 6!
Peter
We skipped because there's hardly a plug-in without it's own preset management these days. Is there a specific plug-in you're using that doesn't allow you to store presets?

BTW., you can also use the Processing Chain to save the plug-in along with it's state.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian,

thank you for your quick reply but i am not really satisfied with this.
I am aquainted to work wit a couple of plugins sice years an their presets.
Following plugins are affected:

ToneBoosters: Equalizer, Module and Reverb
SinusWeb: FreeVerbToo
Voxengo: Span, OldskoolVerb
iZotope: Analog Delay, Chorus & Flanger, Mastering EQ, Mastering Limiter, Mastering Reverb,
Multiband Compressor, Parametric EQ e.t.c

With the Processing Chain i can only save my settings but not the factory presets.

Best regards
Peter

stian wrote:We skipped because there's hardly a plug-in without it's own preset management these days. Is there a specific plug-in you're using that doesn't allow you to store presets?
Mmh, for once, i don't really agree with you, Stian : not all plugins are created equals ;)
Except the ones developed using Juce (and still...), many plugins do not provide an integrated browser. Also, some plugins featuring their own browser are not very handy when it comes to user presets (or, strangely, don't allow for creating user preset in their own preset browser, which is odd, but is a reality).
I don't like FXPs and FXBs, but they are still do exist, and sometimes the only reliable way to store a custom preset.

Hi Peter,
Gevatter wrote:thank you for your quick reply but i am not really satisfied with this.
I am aquainted to work wit a couple of plugins sice years an their presets.
Following plugins are affected:

ToneBoosters: Equalizer, Module and Reverb
SinusWeb: FreeVerbToo
Voxengo: Span, OldskoolVerb
iZotope: Analog Delay, Chorus & Flanger, Mastering EQ, Mastering Limiter, Mastering Reverb,
Multiband Compressor, Parametric EQ e.t.c

With the Processing Chain i can only save my settings but not the factory presets.
Thanks for the elaboration! I see your point (although most of these seem to have capable preset management built-in, like the ToneBoosters plug-ins?). Preset management is rather weak in the VST standard and a reason why the vast majority of plug-in have their own system. However, it's definitely a very important feature to have for plug-ins without integrated preset management such as FreeVerbToo in your list. I've added the feature request and we'll try to get it implemented as soon as possible -- probably in v7.1. We'll probably add a button on the footer similar to the "More" button in Acoustica 6.

Best,
Stian

Hi Yann!
sinkmusic wrote:Mmh, for once, i don't really agree with you, Stian : not all plugins are created equals ;)
Except the ones developed using Juce (and still...), many plugins do not provide an integrated browser. Also, some plugins featuring their own browser are not very handy when it comes to user presets (or, strangely, don't allow for creating user preset in their own preset browser, which is odd, but is a reality).
I don't like FXPs and FXBs, but they are still do exist, and sometimes the only reliable way to store a custom preset.
Or as Orwell would have put it -- all plug-ins are equal but some plug-ins are more equal than others... ;)

I didn't mean to refuse the suggestion -- I just had the impression that it's become a de facto standard for plug-ins to come with integrated preset management. We'll get it back in similar to the way it was handled in v6, but less prominently in the footer to avoid confusion.

Best,
Stian

George Orwell : wonderful :)
Well, more and more plugins jump in the internal browser wagon, but some "good old beloved" plugins that we still use don't feature this, and that's right it's nice to be able to save a custom preset when you happen to find one ;)

Return to “Acon Digital”