Acoustica Premium Undelete

Official support for: acondigital.com
groverken
KVRer
18 posts since 15 Aug, 2017

Post Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:12 am

When I highlight a region of a file and delete, all works well. If I subsequently decide that this is not quite right and undelete, the region returns OK but it has not remained highlighted. Is there a way that this can be done? It would be especially helpful when editing a verse from a song and you have to be very precise with the cut points. I know that I can set points in the "From" and "To" boxes but I sometimes prefer to work graphically.
Windows 10 Professional, 32GB RAM, Sonar Platinum ∞, Harrison Mixbus 4, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Ozone 7 Elements, Neutron Elements, Waves singles, Sampletank 3, BFD3, + other VSTs.

stian
KVRian
859 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Acoustica Premium Undelete

Post Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:23 am

Hi!
groverken wrote:When I highlight a region of a file and delete, all works well. If I subsequently decide that this is not quite right and undelete, the region returns OK but it has not remained highlighted. Is there a way that this can be done? It would be especially helpful when editing a verse from a song and you have to be very precise with the cut points. I know that I can set points in the "From" and "To" boxes but I sometimes prefer to work graphically.
Thanks for your feedback and I see your point. It would be good to have the selection stored along with the undo data. I've added a bug entry and we'll see how quickly we can implement it.

Best,
Stian

groverken
KVRer

Post Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:27 am

Thanks again Stian - excellent service!
Windows 10 Professional, 32GB RAM, Sonar Platinum ∞, Harrison Mixbus 4, Acoustica 7 Premium, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, Ozone 7 Elements, Neutron Elements, Waves singles, Sampletank 3, BFD3, + other VSTs.

Paulo-Brazil
KVRist
99 posts since 1 Oct, 2017

Post Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:17 am

Mr. Stian,

I would like to point out two issues that seem to be related to the undelete issue under discussion. I refer to Acoustica 7.0.29 Premium.

1. Let's suppose the audio file is in full view in the waveplot window. We select a block of audio and delete the block: the waveplot correctly adjusts itself to the full view. But when we undo the operation, not only the selected region does not show as highlighted (this was the initial object of the current discussion), but the waveplot window does not adjust itself to the full view, that is, the waveplot window does not return to the previous state. This happens both in the waveplot and spectogram windows.

2. We select a block of audio and move it elsewhere in the audio file. Then we undo the operation. The block is rightly returned to the original location, but the highlighting that should indicate the block that was moved stays in the location to where the block was moved, it does not go back with the block to the original location. This happens both in the waveplot and spectogram windows.

Regards,

Paulo

stian
KVRian

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 am

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Mr. Stian,

I would like to point out two issues that seem to be related to the undelete issue under discussion. I refer to Acoustica 7.0.29 Premium.

1. Let's suppose the audio file is in full view in the waveplot window. We select a block of audio and delete the block: the waveplot correctly adjusts itself to the full view. But when we undo the operation, not only the selected region does not show as highlighted (this was the initial object of the current discussion), but the waveplot window does not adjust itself to the full view, that is, the waveplot window does not return to the previous state. This happens both in the waveplot and spectogram windows.

2. We select a block of audio and move it elsewhere in the audio file. Then we undo the operation. The block is rightly returned to the original location, but the highlighting that should indicate the block that was moved stays in the location to where the block was moved, it does not go back with the block to the original location. This happens both in the waveplot and spectogram windows.

Regards,

Paulo
Thanks for the feature requests. I don't think the zoom factor should be part of the undo information. That would probably be confusing, but the viewport should scroll to show the selection from the undo state. That will in fact happen automatically as soon as the selection is part of the undo state since Acoustica keeps the cursor position in the view port automatically.

Best,
Stian

Paulo-Brazil
KVRist

Post Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:06 pm

Mr. Stian,

You said: "I don't think the zoom factor should be part of the undo information". I think this begs the question: what should be part of the undo information? I understand that an "undo" should bring a system to the previous state, exactly as it was just before the "do" operation. Otherwise, after the undo, the system would be in an altered state, so the "do"-"undo" pair would leave a mark on the system, and this, in my view, seems to defeat the very idea of an "undo" operation. In my view, an "undo", in mathemathical terms, should be a function exactly the inverse of the "do" function.

In this kind of situation, with an "undo" that would produce an altered configuration of the system, what would happen if we, in sequence, performed a string of several "do"-"undo" operation pairs? Possibly a mess, with an altered stated on top of the next altered state. In my view, after a string of several "do"-"undo" operation pairs, we should expect a system in exactly the same state as the initial one.

Regards,

Paulo

Paulo-Brazil
KVRist

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:22 am

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.35 running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

There seems to be another issue related to the deletion of a selected region. The original post in this thread pointed out that when one selects a region and deletes it and then undoes the delete operation, the region that was deleted correctly returns to the file but without the highlighting (and without the zoom level, when one started from a complete view of the file, again I think the zoom level should return to the original one).

But here is another issue possibly related to the first one: we select a region and mark it as a region by pressing R on the keyboard - a label appears over the highlighting. Then we right-click and delete that region. If we undo the delete operation, now the selected region returns with both the label and the highlighting, but a different kind of highlighting, one with a bluish colour. The point is, if we right-click and try to delete this bluish-highlighted region, nothing happens. The right-click opens a menu, but the delete command in the menu does not work.

Paulo-Brazil
KVRist

Post Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:24 am

Sorry, I forgot:

Regards, Paulo

stian
KVRian

Post Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:14 pm

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.35 running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

There seems to be another issue related to the deletion of a selected region. The original post in this thread pointed out that when one selects a region and deletes it and then undoes the delete operation, the region that was deleted correctly returns to the file but without the highlighting (and without the zoom level, when one started from a complete view of the file, again I think the zoom level should return to the original one).

But here is another issue possibly related to the first one: we select a region and mark it as a region by pressing R on the keyboard - a label appears over the highlighting. Then we right-click and delete that region. If we undo the delete operation, now the selected region returns with both the label and the highlighting, but a different kind of highlighting, one with a bluish colour. The point is, if we right-click and try to delete this bluish-highlighted region, nothing happens. The right-click opens a menu, but the delete command in the menu does not work.
I'm sorry for my late reply. This is actually the same issue as the selection. The region markers are indicated with transparent blue, but the colour is greyish blue when you have time selection covering the same region.

Best,
Stian

groverken
KVRer

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:44 am

stian wrote:Hi!
groverken wrote:When I highlight a region of a file and delete, all works well. If I subsequently decide that this is not quite right and undelete, the region returns OK but it has not remained highlighted. Is there a way that this can be done? It would be especially helpful when editing a verse from a song and you have to be very precise with the cut points. I know that I can set points in the "From" and "To" boxes but I sometimes prefer to work graphically.
Thanks for your feedback and I see your point. It would be good to have the selection stored along with the undo data. I've added a bug entry and we'll see how quickly we can implement it.

Best,
Stian
Any news on this yet?

stian
KVRian

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hi!
groverken wrote:Any news on this yet?
Yes, that's already implemented and will be part of the next update.

Best,
Stian

Paulo-Brazil
KVRist

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:33 am

Mr. Stian and all,

The audio editor iZotope RX6 Advanced presents the users with an option, in the Preferences, by allowing them to either check or uncheck the item "Recall selections during undo/redo". This could maybe be a feature of Acoustica.

Regards,

Paulo

groverken
KVRer

Post Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:41 pm

stian wrote:Hi!
groverken wrote:Any news on this yet?
Yes, that's already implemented and will be part of the next update.

Best,
Stian
Excellent - thanks again for an excellent product and service!

Return to “Acon Digital”