Gave up on 7.0.24; now trying 7.0.35 but without luck

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anticipating that the issues I had previously described had been addressed, I installed 7.0.24. Unfortunately, 7.0.24 didn't recognize my sound card (something I've never encountered among the half dozen or so audio applications that I use). Since I had to get some audio projects done, I abandoned 7 and reverted to 6.

Today I installed 7.0.35. I got the audio to work--but only once. When I try to adjust the input and output devices in the Preferences dialogue box, I get the message "Sorry, an error occured [sic] : ( The input and output devices don't share a common sample rate!" That's not particularly meaningful to me, as the input is analogue (AUX), the output is digital (S/PDIF), and my consistent use of a 44.1 KHz sampling rate should be irrelevant. (Obviously, I'm missing something here.)

Moreover, after trying to align the I/O devices, 7.0.35 refuses to play anything. Hitting the space bar toggles between Play and Stop states, the former thinking it's playing while no sound comes out, nothing appears in the level meters, and the cursor doesn't move across the display. Back to Acoustica 6.

On a positive note, 7.0.35 will create MP3 files with a choice of bit rate, and the ID3 tag appears to have graduated from ID3v1 to ID3v2 (hopefully ID3v2.3).

Paul

Hi Paul,
Paul_J wrote:Anticipating that the issues I had previously described had been addressed, I installed 7.0.24. Unfortunately, 7.0.24 didn't recognize my sound card (something I've never encountered among the half dozen or so audio applications that I use). Since I had to get some audio projects done, I abandoned 7 and reverted to 6.

Today I installed 7.0.35. I got the audio to work--but only once. When I try to adjust the input and output devices in the Preferences dialogue box, I get the message "Sorry, an error occured [sic] : ( The input and output devices don't share a common sample rate!" That's not particularly meaningful to me, as the input is analogue (AUX), the output is digital (S/PDIF), and my consistent use of a 44.1 KHz sampling rate should be irrelevant. (Obviously, I'm missing something here.)

Moreover, after trying to align the I/O devices, 7.0.35 refuses to play anything. Hitting the space bar toggles between Play and Stop states, the former thinking it's playing while no sound comes out, nothing appears in the level meters, and the cursor doesn't move across the display. Back to Acoustica 6.

On a positive note, 7.0.35 will create MP3 files with a choice of bit rate, and the ID3 tag appears to have graduated from ID3v1 to ID3v2 (hopefully ID3v2.3).

Paul
I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing problems with the audio I/O in Acoustica. Acoustica tries to set the sample rate according to the source file loaded to avoid sample rate conversion. Which driver model did you use? If you choose "Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode)", Acoustica will be able to set the sample rates. That should prevent the sample rate mismatch issue.

Best,
Stian

I deinstalled and reinstalled 7.0.35. The good news is that the Audio Device Settings came up as I had intended--this time with Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode) selected, and clicking the Apply button did NOT produce the error message. (The error returned when I experimented with the Windows Audio setting.)

The bad news is that, as before, it won't play an audio file. As I hit the space bar, the icons in the toolbar shift between the Play and Stop. But no sound is produced, the level meters are flatlined, and the cursor stays put. So it remains unusable.

Paul

Hi Paul,
Paul_J wrote:I deinstalled and reinstalled 7.0.35. The good news is that the Audio Device Settings came up as I had intended--this time with Windows Audio (Exclusive Mode) selected, and clicking the Apply button did NOT produce the error message. (The error returned when I experimented with the Windows Audio setting.)

The bad news is that, as before, it won't play an audio file. As I hit the space bar, the icons in the toolbar shift between the Play and Stop. But no sound is produced, the level meters are flatlined, and the cursor stays put. So it remains unusable.

Paul
I don't really understand what's going on there. The playback worked before, right? What's the current buffer size you're using? Could you please try to set it to 512 or higher.

Best,
Stian

I had to abandon 7.0.35 for a while to work some projects in Acoustica 6. I just de-installed 7.0.35 and installed 7.0.41. Thanks for the tip regarding setting the buffer size to at least 512. It now plays, and hope springs eternal!!

Hi Paul!
Paul_J wrote:I had to abandon 7.0.35 for a while to work some projects in Acoustica 6. I just de-installed 7.0.35 and installed 7.0.41. Thanks for the tip regarding setting the buffer size to at least 512. It now plays, and hope springs eternal!!
Thanks! Glad to hear that it's working again now!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”