Acoustica Premium 7.0.41 - DeHum module

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Something seems strange in the behaviour of the DeHum module - but perhaps the problem is in my lack of good understanding of that module, I don't know.

In the module there is a graphical window, with frequency on the horizontal axis.

1. In the graphical window, the red lines (at least in my system) are always fixed at 50Hz and multiples, as many red lines as indicated by the knob "Number of harmonics". If I change the fundamental frequency by means of the knob "Frequency", the red lines do not change - they are always at 50 Hz and multiples.

2. In the upper bar, if I first "Reset" (the red lines disappear, except for one at 50 Hz) and then choose "Reduce 60 Hz Hum", then a new set of red lines appear, but again at at 50 Hz and multiples, not at 60 Hz and multiples. There seems to be no way of making the red lines show multiples of frequencies other than 50 Hz.

3. When I move the "Frequency" knob to change the fundamental frequency, the yellow line (which I understand shows the fundamental frequncy) stays fixed, it does not move in tandem with the knob. The yellow line only moves (and goes to the frequency indicated by the knob) when I make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window. If I don't make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window, the yellow line does not move.

4. When the yellow line moves (as a result of the combination "Frequency" knob + mouse cursor hovering), the red lines do not change - to my understanding, the set of red lines should show the multiple of the fundamental frequency indicated by the yellow line. But in fact, as things are currently, the relationship between the yellow line and the set of red lines is not clear to me.

5. When I change the number of harmonics through the small window just below the "Number of Harmonics" knob, after I set a new number and strike the Enter key on my keyboard, again the red lines are only updated when I make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window - the Enter key is not enough for the updating, as I think it should be. The same with the small window under the "Frequency" knob: the Enter key is not enough for changing the yellow line, a hovering of the mouse over the graphical window is required for the updating.

6. Again, the Help files (I have not checked the PDF manual) provide no information about what the red lines and the yellow line are, nor about their relationship. In the Help files, in the image of the DeHum module, there is also a green line in the graphical window, but no green line shows in my system.

Best regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo!
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Something seems strange in the behaviour of the DeHum module - but perhaps the problem is in my lack of good understanding of that module, I don't know.

In the module there is a graphical window, with frequency on the horizontal axis.

1. In the graphical window, the red lines (at least in my system) are always fixed at 50Hz and multiples, as many red lines as indicated by the knob "Number of harmonics". If I change the fundamental frequency by means of the knob "Frequency", the red lines do not change - they are always at 50 Hz and multiples.

2. In the upper bar, if I first "Reset" (the red lines disappear, except for one at 50 Hz) and then choose "Reduce 60 Hz Hum", then a new set of red lines appear, but again at at 50 Hz and multiples, not at 60 Hz and multiples. There seems to be no way of making the red lines show multiples of frequencies other than 50 Hz.

3. When I move the "Frequency" knob to change the fundamental frequency, the yellow line (which I understand shows the fundamental frequncy) stays fixed, it does not move in tandem with the knob. The yellow line only moves (and goes to the frequency indicated by the knob) when I make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window. If I don't make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window, the yellow line does not move.

4. When the yellow line moves (as a result of the combination "Frequency" knob + mouse cursor hovering), the red lines do not change - to my understanding, the set of red lines should show the multiple of the fundamental frequency indicated by the yellow line. But in fact, as things are currently, the relationship between the yellow line and the set of red lines is not clear to me.

5. When I change the number of harmonics through the small window just below the "Number of Harmonics" knob, after I set a new number and strike the Enter key on my keyboard, again the red lines are only updated when I make the mouse cursor hover over the graphical window - the Enter key is not enough for the updating, as I think it should be. The same with the small window under the "Frequency" knob: the Enter key is not enough for changing the yellow line, a hovering of the mouse over the graphical window is required for the updating.

6. Again, the Help files (I have not checked the PDF manual) provide no information about what the red lines and the yellow line are, nor about their relationship. In the Help files, in the image of the DeHum module, there is also a green line in the graphical window, but no green line shows in my system.

Best regards,

Paulo
Thanks for the thorough report! First I had some problems reproducing the issue, but I realized that you're probably adjusting the parameters without feeding and audio through DeHum. The visualizer only gets updated when there's audio playing. That's indeed a bit odd and we'll make sure that the frequency indicators gets updated without audio playing through the processor. That should be a quick thing to fix and we'll get it into the next build.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

Thank you. Yes, my report referred to a situation where the audio playing was stopped. But I see now that if, first, I start the audio playing, and then call the DeHum module, everything I reported above still happens. It seems the issues with the DeHum module do not depend on wheter the audio is playing or not. Most strange is the fact we cannot get the red lines at positions other than multiples of 50 Hz.

This raises a question: as things stand today, can we be sure that the DeHum module is indeed doing what it is supposed to do? I mean, for instance, when in the upper bar we click on "Reduce 60 Hz Hum", then the "Frequency" knob goes to 60 Hz, but the red lines stay at 50 Hz. In that situation, when we click on the "Process" button, can we be sure that multiples of 60 Hz (not 50Hz or other) will be removed (attenuated) from the audio file?

Of course, I understand that you will fix the module, in a way that there is a match between what we see on its graphical window and knobs and what the module actually does.

Thank you once again.

Paulo

Hi!

Thank you. Yes, my report referred to a situation where the audio playing was stopped. But I see now that if, first, I start the audio playing, and then call the DeHum module, everything I reported above still happens. It seems the issues with the DeHum module do not depend on wheter the audio is playing or not. Most strange is the fact we cannot get the red lines at positions other than multiples of 50 Hz.

This raises a question: as things stand today, can we be sure that the DeHum module is indeed doing what it is supposed to do? I mean, for instance, when in the upper bar we click on "Reduce 60 Hz Hum", then the "Frequency" knob goes to 60 Hz, but the red lines stay at 50 Hz. In that situation, when we click on the "Process" button, can we be sure that multiples of 60 Hz (not 50Hz or other) will be removed (attenuated) from the audio file?

Of course, I understand that you will fix the module, in a way that there is a match between what we see on its graphical window and knobs and what the module actually does.

Thank you once again.

Paulo
I meant using the preview so that audio goes through the plug-in. ;) That would be the normal way of using it -- open the processor, preview and adjust settings, and finally click process when you're satisfied with the results. The processor use correct settings when processing in the current version.

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

I'm sorry, but what is that Preview function, where is it located in Acoustica 7? In the DeHum window, I do not see a "Preview" button or the like. Both in the PDF manual and in the Help files the word "preview" just does not appear. Maybe one more point in a forthcoming updating of the PDF manual and Help files.

Thank you.

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

I'm sorry, but what is that Preview function, where is it located in Acoustica 7? In the DeHum window, I do not see a "Preview" button or the like. Both in the PDF manual and in the Help files the word "preview" just does not appear. Maybe one more point in a forthcoming updating of the PDF manual and Help files.
It's situated in the lower right corner of the window, please see the attachment.

Best,
Stian
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mr. Stian,

Yes, I see now the "Preview", thank you. Again, maybe a point to include in an updating of the Help files, the "Preview" function. In the "Audio Processing" page of the Help files, we see information about Undo and Redo, about A / B Comparisons, etc. but not about the "Preview".

Thanks for the lesson about the normal, correct way of using the modules/plug-ins.

Paulo

Hi Paulo,

Yes, I see now the "Preview", thank you. Again, maybe a point to include in an updating of the Help files, the "Preview" function. In the "Audio Processing" page of the Help files, we see information about Undo and Redo, about A / B Comparisons, etc. but not about the "Preview".
Yes, that would be the best place for it. We'll add it.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”