Acoustica Premium 7.0.41 - suggestion: centering cursor on window

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.41, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Another suggestion, that would make it easier the editing of an audio file.

Listening to the file, I detect some point that needs correction, and I pause the audio at that point (or quite nearby). For the correction I will have to zoom in. The question is, the zoom tool zooms the view with a movement centered at the geometrical center of the window (either the waveform or the spectrogram), not centerd at the cursor position. As a result, quickly the cursor can be thrown out of the window, and some action is necessary to laterally displace the window view so that the cursor shows on the window again, and we can, with the cursor within sight, continue the zooming up to the level where the correction can be performed. This situation is really annoying and time-consuming, because it happens again and again when making many corrections to a file.

In iZotope RX6 Advanced, no matter where the cursor is (unless it is too close to either the beginning or the end of the file), if I click on the zoom-in tool, immediatelly, at the first level of zooming, the window changes to a view centered at the cursor. This feature could possibly be adopted by Acoustica.

As an alternative, which would require more work from the user than RX6's automatic centering of the view, a button "Center view at cursor" could be included on the toolbar, so that the user would have first to click on that button, and only then start the zooming in, now with a zoom movement centered at the cursor.

I think that an RX6-like solution would be more confortable for the user.

Regards,

Paulo

Hi Paulo,
Paulo-Brazil wrote:Listening to the file, I detect some point that needs correction, and I pause the audio at that point (or quite nearby). For the correction I will have to zoom in. The question is, the zoom tool zooms the view with a movement centered at the geometrical center of the window (either the waveform or the spectrogram), not centerd at the cursor position. As a result, quickly the cursor can be thrown out of the window, and some action is necessary to laterally displace the window view so that the cursor shows on the window again, and we can, with the cursor within sight, continue the zooming up to the level where the correction can be performed. This situation is really annoying and time-consuming, because it happens again and again when making many corrections to a file.
Thanks, I agree -- I always use the scroll wheel for zooming which zooms around the cursor position so I haven't really taken notice. I guess you use the zoom buttons which seem to zoom in on the geometrical center as you say. I'll add a bug entry on that... ;)

Best,
Stian

Mr. Stian,

Thank you. Yes, I never use the mouse scroll wheel for zooming, I only use the zoom buttons on the bottom and right margins of the waveform/spectrogram window.

Paulo

Return to “Acon Digital”