Acoustica Premium 7.0.51 - Help pages

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mr. Stian,

I refer to Acoustica Premium 7.0.51, running on Windows 10 Professional 64-bit.

Thank you for including now a Help page on the Analysis > Show Statistics window. But the new Help page doesn't provide us with any explanation about the meaning of the statistics displayed. It just shows a picture of the Statistics window.

I think that the Help pages of an audio editor like Acoustica don't have to make up a textbook on audio. But, on the other hand, a complete lack of explanations should not be accepted, not every parameter or statistics should be regarded as self-explanatory. Not every user is an expert on audio. Some middle ground has to be found, for example by presenting short but informative explanations on the meaning and possible uses of parameters and statistics, or by referring the user to some book on the subject, some proper web site on the matter, some kind of reference.

A Help page like the one just presented for the Analysis > Show Statistics gives me the feeling that Acoustica's developers consider the Help files as just a pro forma feature of the editor, something that has just to be included so that no one can say that a Help file doesn't exist. But in fact the Help files play an important role for the user, by providing information on the significance and applications of the editor's features, and by guiding the user into the agile and correct use of the software.

I understand that writing an adequate Help page takes time and effort. But it should be regarded as an integral part of the editor, I think. The better the Help pages are, the easier, more inviting and more productive is the use of the software.

Regards,

Paulo

Well, we talked about this in the other thread. I think this will improve over time. It takes alot of work to develop good quality software.

I agree, Grizzellda, I am hopeful that the Help files will improve with time.

Paulo

Thanks for the input! We'll try to improve the help and user guide. Meanwhile, if there's any specific questions around the values in the Statistics window, I'd be happy to answer here.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”