Acon Acoustica 7.1 64bit no gui

Official support for: acondigital.com
SpongeLab
KVRer
4 posts since 16 Jul, 2014

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Hi I installed Acoustica and when I launch the software there is an outline and icons appear but the gui does not fully, could this be a video driver issue? all my other software appears fine, anyone has any suggestions on how to solve this problem, I am stumped

popskull
KVRist
187 posts since 22 Dec, 2009

Re: Acon Acoustica 7.1 64bit no gui

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:36 pm

Similar thing happened to me, the menu wasn't showing. It happened when scanning VST's. I deleted all folders and files and reinstalled, and only scanned AU.

stian
KVRian
966 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:49 am

Hi!

Thanks for the reports! I'm not really sure what's going on there. There have been reports regarding the menu during plug-in scanning and I believe there's a specific plug-in causing this, but we didn't manage to track it down yet. I'm not sure if the two issues are related, though. SpongeLab, could you please let me know your Acoustica version number, Windows version number and what graphics card you have?

Best,
Stian

DuX
KVRAF
3734 posts since 15 Mar, 2002 from Underworld

Post Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:38 pm

Speaking of GUI in v7.1.16, there is an issue with the hint-info popups in W7 SP1 x64. They just don't want to disappear once they show up. It isn't that important, but it looks bad. I wonder what's the problem? VC++? VGA driver? Your GUI API? I use a bit older v3.16 [if memory serves me right] Nvidia Quadro driver on this laptop, and there is no newer one on the Lenovo website.

Since I really don't need any hints to show up, maybe an option to disable them would be nice. Those hints just look yucky to me anyway. :tu:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

stian
KVRian

Post Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:14 pm

DuX wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:38 pm
Speaking of GUI in v7.1.16, there is an issue with the hint-info popups in W7 SP1 x64. They just don't want to disappear once they show up. It isn't that important, but it looks bad. I wonder what's the problem? VC++? VGA driver? Your GUI API? I use a bit older v3.16 [if memory serves me right] Nvidia Quadro driver on this laptop, and there is no newer one on the Lenovo website.

Since I really don't need any hints to show up, maybe an option to disable them would be nice. Those hints just look yucky to me anyway. :tu:
Thanks for reporting. It's not a general issue with Windows 7 at least, so I assume that it's related to the video drivers. Having the tooltips optional would be a nice thing anyway, so we'll get that implemented.

Best,
Stian

DuX
KVRAF

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm

Thank you for clearing things out for me, Stian. I was suspecting it could be the VGA driver, because it's the most logical thing. I'll try and find a newer one that works properly, cause your program is not the only one where the hints don't work as expected. A couple of plugins I use [out of 100s, though], also have a similar problem. I have a W7 just for experimentation, and a W7 in VirtualBox [which should have the latest driver, but *3D* is not working so well in VB] , so I can investigate it when I find time to do it. :)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

stian
KVRian

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:17 am

DuX wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:40 pm
Thank you for clearing things out for me, Stian. I was suspecting it could be the VGA driver, because it's the most logical thing. I'll try and find a newer one that works properly, cause your program is not the only one where the hints don't work as expected. A couple of plugins I use [out of 100s, though], also have a similar problem. I have a W7 just for experimentation, and a W7 in VirtualBox [which should have the latest driver, but *3D* is not working so well in VB] , so I can investigate it when I find time to do it. :)

Cheers!
Thanks, I appreciate that! :) One Windows 7 customer reported that a couple of graphic issues where sorted out after upgrading to the latest version of DirectX. That could be worth a try.

Best,
Stian

DuX
KVRAF

Post Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:31 am

I have the latest DirectX 11 and Platform Update installed, so unfortunately in my case, no cake. :(

I'm going to try updating the VGA driver.

Logga
KVRer
17 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Post Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:50 am

I get the same if I open Acoustica in a VM, clean Windows 7 SP1. With or without GPU acceleration, with or without the latest directx.
So I guess it's either the video drivers or some Windows update that came at some point.

I've never seen it happen outside of the VM, though.

stian
KVRian

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:33 pm

Thanks for the additional info, Logga! This might be a JUCE (the library we use for cross-platform development) issue, but we'll look into it.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”