Help! Acoustica Hates My UA Apollo!

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently switched my audio chain to 96 kHz. So my interface is set that way, my DAW (REAPER), and various other pieces (monitor calibration, audio routing software, the Audio MIDI Setup app on my Mac, etc.).

Everything works like a champ except Acoustica. All I have to do is open the software (not loading a file, just opening it), and I immediately get this clicky noise from my my UA Apollo Twin MKII -- the noise it makes when it's switching sample rates -- and all sound stops on my system. Nothing but a reboot will get the audio working again.

Strangely, it work fine as the external editor for REAPER. It seems like if Acoustica knows the sample rate of the file it's opening, it does fine. But if I just open it on a 96 kHz "system" all hell brakes loose. It immediately tries to make the interface go back down to 48 kHz (at least, that's what the UAD Console app says).

Anyone know what's going on? Is it "remembering" the last sample rate it saw? Something like that?

I love Acoustica. It's my favorite editor ever. Please don't make me switch back to those guys in Cambridge . . .

sramsay wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:49 am I recently switched my audio chain to 96 kHz. So my interface is set that way, my DAW (REAPER), and various other pieces (monitor calibration, audio routing software, the Audio MIDI Setup app on my Mac, etc.).

Everything works like a champ except Acoustica. All I have to do is open the software (not loading a file, just opening it), and I immediately get this clicky noise from my my UA Apollo Twin MKII -- the noise it makes when it's switching sample rates -- and all sound stops on my system. Nothing but a reboot will get the audio working again.

Strangely, it work fine as the external editor for REAPER. It seems like if Acoustica knows the sample rate of the file it's opening, it does fine. But if I just open it on a 96 kHz "system" all hell brakes loose. It immediately tries to make the interface go back down to 48 kHz (at least, that's what the UAD Console app says).

Anyone know what's going on? Is it "remembering" the last sample rate it saw? Something like that?

I love Acoustica. It's my favorite editor ever. Please don't make me switch back to those guys in Cambridge . . .
Thanks for reporting! Do you have v7.1.16 installed? We made some changes regarding the sample rate selection in that update. Acoustica changes the sample rate to that of the audio file to avoid sample rate conversions. We plan to make this an option as some users prefer to have a fixed output sample rate and let Acoustica do sample rate conversion on the fly. We plan to make this clearly visible.

Best,
Stian

Hi Stian, thanks for the response.

I do have the latest version installed.

I know that Acoustica changes the sample rate to that of the audio file (which is good). What I don't understand is why it would shift the sample rate on my interface when I merely open the app -- without opening any audio file at all. I keep accidentally opening it when I mean to open another app, and that's it: I have to reboot the system.

Does Acoustica have a "default" sample rate of some kind?

Return to “Acon Digital”