WTF!?? Play does not work!

Official support for: acondigital.com
blue_luke
KVRer
6 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Hello Stian! :)
I have just hit one of those WTF moment!
I just did like I do all the time... mix in Harrisson Mixbus, export a stereo 'range' cd format and then open Acoustica for further processing and burn a CD...
The file loads, I can see the wave, all buttons and functions works, I can insert plugins etc... But the darn thing does not play! The play button becomes yellow as usual, but the cursor does not move!
I can fast forward, fast rewind and I will see the cursor moves accordingly but no play!
When I press 'PLAY' the button becomes yellow, and the cursor doesn't move at all! I have never had this occurred to me before!
I have noting selectioned like just a few samples that you can't see... I think!
Luc

blue_luke
KVRer
6 posts since 12 Nov, 2019

Re: WTF!?? Play does not work!

Post Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:49 pm

OK I've just solved the problem... But this is still a WTF moment.... I went in the "Edit'... 'preferences' ... "Always play from cursor position" which was clicked as 'NO' I changed to yes just to see... and now it works!
What happened?
Luc

stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: WTF!?? Play does not work!

Post Fri Mar 06, 2020 1:26 am

Hi Luc!

Sorry for my late reply. I believe that your audio device was temporarily blocked (maybe it was in use by Mixbus?). There's an issue in 7.1 that prevents the error message from appearing sometimes (we've fixed this in the upcoming 7.2 which will be released on March 11). It's not actually the "Always play from cursor position" that fixed it, but the audio device will be re-instantiated after showing the preferences due to the Audio Device Settings pane.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”