Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Official support for: acondigital.com
Poinzy
KVRer
8 posts since 1 May, 2020

Post Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am

It would be helpful if you added a Master Gain fader to Remix. The way things are now, it's hard to compensate for overall level changes when working the current set of sliders. Thanks.

Update: Upon further examination, I've decided to uninstall Spleeter since it's a little buggy on my system. FWIW, a master gain control wouldn't have fixed the problems. :?

Sorry -- I couldn't find a 'delete post' option.

User avatar
stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Wed May 06, 2020 4:46 am

Poinzy wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 7:02 am
It would be helpful if you added a Master Gain fader to Remix. The way things are now, it's hard to compensate for overall level changes when working the current set of sliders. Thanks.

Update: Upon further examination, I've decided to uninstall Spleeter since it's a little buggy on my system. FWIW, a master gain control wouldn't have fixed the problems. :?

Sorry -- I couldn't find a 'delete post' option.
I'm sorry to hear that you experienced bugs with the Spleeter integration. What kind of problems did you experience? Anyway, I've added your feature request for a master gain.

Best,
Stian

Poinzy
KVRer
8 posts since 1 May, 2020

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Wed May 06, 2020 5:27 am

Thanks for responding.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies with the choice of audio device. For now I'm leaving the audio device choice at the default setting -- Windows Audio. My ASIO driver is recognized by the program, but only temporarily.

There's always a reversion to the Windows protocol the next time I open Acoustica, whether I used Spleeter in the previous session or not. Spleeter might just make the problem more pronounced when it's activated.

I'm not certain that any of this is an Acoustica problem, though. For now, I think you guys should just assume it isn't. I haven't read any complaints from other people about ASIO, so mine could just be a fluke.

So far, I'm not having problems with any of the other Acoustica effects/tools I've used.

User avatar
stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Thu May 07, 2020 12:10 am

Poinzy wrote:
Wed May 06, 2020 5:27 am
Thanks for responding.

I'm beginning to suspect the problem lies with the choice of audio device. For now I'm leaving the audio device choice at the default setting -- Windows Audio. My ASIO driver is recognized by the program, but only temporarily.

There's always a reversion to the Windows protocol the next time I open Acoustica, whether I used Spleeter in the previous session or not. Spleeter might just make the problem more pronounced when it's activated.

I'm not certain that any of this is an Acoustica problem, though. For now, I think you guys should just assume it isn't. I haven't read any complaints from other people about ASIO, so mine could just be a fluke.

So far, I'm not having problems with any of the other Acoustica effects/tools I've used.
Thanks for the elaboration! The AI tools are quite heavy on CPU and sometimes freeze the audio callback. I assume that your ASIO drivers don't like that... Hopefully, we'll be able to optimize that, but it's a rather big task.

Best,
Stian

Poinzy
KVRer
8 posts since 1 May, 2020

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 am

stian wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:10 am
The AI tools are quite heavy on CPU and sometimes freeze the audio callback.
Best,
Stian
Thanks, I didn't know that. One more reason to use the Windows drivers when possible.

User avatar
stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Thu May 07, 2020 9:04 pm

Poinzy wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 5:09 am
stian wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:10 am
The AI tools are quite heavy on CPU and sometimes freeze the audio callback.
Best,
Stian
Thanks, I didn't know that. One more reason to use the Windows drivers when possible.
Sorry, I was a bit unclear. I would definitely recommend ASIO, but in this case there might be an issue with your specific driver. In general, ASIO is a much more suited for pro audio.

Best,
Stian

Poinzy
KVRer
8 posts since 1 May, 2020

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Fri May 08, 2020 5:14 am

No, you weren't unclear. I generally have more issues with ASIO drivers than I do with Windows drivers -- ASIO drivers will work in one program, but not in another, and so on. But I'll keep fiddling around with the ASIO settings in Acoustica to see if I can get improved performance. Thanks.

Sorry, this thread has really drifted from the original topic. I didn't intend that.

Update 11 May 2020: It's beginning to look like my technical problems stemmed from the proprietary ASIO driver. I removed it, and installed ASIO4All in its place, and I haven't had any performance problems with Remix since then, nor have I had any problems maintaining device preferences.

User avatar
stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Mon May 11, 2020 11:22 pm

Poinzy wrote:
Fri May 08, 2020 5:14 am
No, you weren't unclear. I generally have more issues with ASIO drivers than I do with Windows drivers -- ASIO drivers will work in one program, but not in another, and so on. But I'll keep fiddling around with the ASIO settings in Acoustica to see if I can get improved performance. Thanks.

Sorry, this thread has really drifted from the original topic. I didn't intend that.

Update 11 May 2020: It's beginning to look like my technical problems stemmed from the proprietary ASIO driver. I removed it, and installed ASIO4All in its place, and I haven't had any performance problems with Remix since then, nor have I had any problems maintaining device preferences.
That's great to hear! That's my experience, too -- ASIO is a good standard per se, but faulty drivers can of course cause problems. Unfortunately, the Windows driver models have severe drawbacks for pro audio use.

Best,
Stian

Poinzy
KVRer
8 posts since 1 May, 2020

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Tue May 12, 2020 11:42 am

In case anybody's interested, Remix can be used with very old shellac recordings. I successfully remastered a 110 yo acoustic recording which featured a woman giving a comic monologue, accompanied by a pianist. I managed to raise the level of the woman's voice relative to the piano by several dB. Before that, it was a real challenge to understand the woman, even after NR had been applied.

User avatar
stian
KVRian
1060 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Re: Feature suggestion for Acoustica 7.2 Standard.

Post Fri May 15, 2020 12:06 am

Poinzy wrote:
Tue May 12, 2020 11:42 am
In case anybody's interested, Remix can be used with very old shellac recordings. I successfully remastered a 110 yo acoustic recording which featured a woman giving a comic monologue, accompanied by a pianist. I managed to raise the level of the woman's voice relative to the piano by several dB. Before that, it was a real challenge to understand the woman, even after NR had been applied.
Thanks, that's very nice to hear! :)

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”