Crashes/empty files when Acoustica batch processing with T-Racks Tape Machine

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been playing with the demo version of Acoustica for sample processing. I found an interesting problem when processing a bunch of modular clips:
  • If the T-Racks Tape Machine 80 VST2 is included in a batch FX chain, the output files are silent.
  • If the VST3 version is used, Acoustica crashes during the batch convert
Processing and exporting a single file from Processing Chain -> Apply -> Render new file seems to be fine.

Has anyone else seen/reproduced this?

Thanks for reporting the issue! We weren't aware of this, but we'll try to reproduce and see what we can do. I've added an entry in our task tracker for it.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:44 am Thanks for reporting the issue! We weren't aware of this, but we'll try to reproduce and see what we can do. I've added an entry in our task tracker for it.

Best,
Stian
Did you have any luck reproducing this?

imrae wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:29 pm
stian wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:44 am Thanks for reporting the issue! We weren't aware of this, but we'll try to reproduce and see what we can do. I've added an entry in our task tracker for it.

Best,
Stian
Did you have any luck reproducing this?
Yes, I can confirm the issue. Unfortunately, most of the T-RackS plug-ins seem to have problems when applied in Acoustica. The produce silence at the beginning of the processed part, and I believe until the plug-in has completed some calculations in a separate thread. I'm afraid that we don't have a solution to this at the time being. Audio editors in general seem to be affected and the same thing happens in Sound Forge according to this user: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... st14875950

Best,
Stian

That's a pity! Batch processing would be very useful for this kind of intensive but subtle plugin. Thanks for investigating, any idea how we can ask IK to look at it from their side?

imrae wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:19 pm That's a pity! Batch processing would be very useful for this kind of intensive but subtle plugin. Thanks for investigating, any idea how we can ask IK to look at it from their side?
I think the best way is to contact their support and describe the issue. Both Acoustica and Sound Forge are affected as you can see from the other thread. I have a strong feeling that you will see the same behaviour in Wavelab and Audition, too.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”