The Acoustica 7.2 software looks and feels great, but it is still missing some essential tools!!

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRian
1120 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:41 am

Hermetech Mastering wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:23 am
Yes, the taskbar is locked and set to automatically hide. With other apps I can still access it by hovering the mouse pointer at the bottom of the screen.
Thanks, I can reproduce now. That might be a bit tricky to solve since it apparently has to do with the custom drawn application window frame of the JUCE library we use. I've added a task tracking entry for it and hopefully we'll find a solution (without reverting to the white Windows 10 frames which look horrible with the dark Acoustica theme).

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:46 am

Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:49 am
OK a couple more! I like to have keyboard shortcuts for:

"Zoom Out Fully Vertically and Horizontally to whole file" set to "0"

"Zoom to Horizontal Time Selection" set to "1"

"Zoom to Left Edge of Selection" set to "["

"Zoom to Right Edge of Selection" set to "]"

But not seeing those options in the Keyboard Shortcuts prefs, is it possible?
The commands are slightly different in Acoustica, but these are the best fits:
"Zoom Out Fully Vertically and Horizontally to whole file" set to "0"
This would require a macro which I'm afraid Acoustica doesn't support. You could add separate shortcuts for "view all" horizontally and vertically, though.

"Zoom to Horizontal Time Selection" set to "1"
Yes, this would be "View Selection".

"Zoom to Left Edge of Selection" set to "["
"Move Cursor to Selection Begin" would scroll for you. It doesn't change the zoom level, though.

"Zoom to Right Edge of Selection" set to "["
Same as above -- "Move Cursor to Selection End" would scroll for you, but doesn't change the zoom level.

Please also note that double clicking the scrollbars reset the viewports either horizontally or vertically.

Best,
Stian

KVRian
1456 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Milan, Italy

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:12 am

Great, thanks for the fast support!

KVRian
712 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:15 am

When looking at this thread, I am impressed! Stian is very active and listens to the users like only few other devs do. Now I will wait for the next sale and get this thing. :)

KVRian

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:10 am

ralfrobert wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 4:15 am
When looking at this thread, I am impressed! Stian is very active and listens to the users like only few other devs do. Now I will wait for the next sale and get this thing. :)
Thanks, Ralf -- very glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 am

Got the shortcuts pretty satisfactory, thanks for that. The only weird thing I am seeing now is: Select an area of the waveform with the mouse, hit the "1" keyboard shortcut that I have assigned to "View Selection", and it does indeed zoom to that area, but it also deselects the Left channel... Any ideas?

Also, what's the difference between saving a Layout and saving a Workspace?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks once again for the great support!

KVRian

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 am

Also, how would you prefer I submit feature requests and bug reports etc., via this thread, a new thread in this forum, or email etc?

KVRian

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:59 am

Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:59 am
Got the shortcuts pretty satisfactory, thanks for that. The only weird thing I am seeing now is: Select an area of the waveform with the mouse, hit the "1" keyboard shortcut that I have assigned to "View Selection", and it does indeed zoom to that area, but it also deselects the Left channel... Any ideas?
Oh, I see now what happens. Unfortunately, there are some hard coded shortcuts for the number keys that toggle the channel selections. We'll make these customizable as well for v7.3. Sorry for that.
Also, what's the difference between saving a Layout and saving a Workspace?
The 'Layout' is the positioning of the window panes. The 'Workspace' additionally stores the list of currently open documents and the state of the processing chain.
Sorry for all the questions and thanks once again for the great support!
No worries, glad to be able to help! :)

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:01 am

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:07 am
Also, how would you prefer I submit feature requests and bug reports etc., via this thread, a new thread in this forum, or email etc?
Both ways are okay, but you can also send feature requests to our support address: support@acondigital.com.

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 am

Thanks Stian, fantastic support!

KVRian

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 am

Clipboard01.png
Stian, I sent you an email, let me know if you got it!

I have run into a bit of a problem today. I mastered some tracks the other day, with no problem, but today when I went to load the same session, and load the Plugin Chain, I got the message "Unavailable Plugin" in the Processing Chain. It's strange because they were all working the other day. So I went to the "Plug-ins Menu" option, went to the "Plugin Manager", scrolled down, and got the red message that a load of my plugins have been "Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly". These are plugins I rely on every day, and that were working fine in Acoustica previously. I clicked "Rescan all" but it seems they are skipped, they are still showing up as red, and therefore unusable. I can't work without some of these plugins, e.g. if a client comes back to me and wants a revision the next day, and the plugin chain that previously worked, now won't load the same plugins, I am forced to use a different host.

How can I force Acoustica to scan them again?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRian

Post Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:00 am

Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:40 am
I have run into a bit of a problem today. I mastered some tracks the other day, with no problem, but today when I went to load the same session, and load the Plugin Chain, I got the message "Unavailable Plugin" in the Processing Chain. It's strange because they were all working the other day. So I went to the "Plug-ins Menu" option, went to the "Plugin Manager", scrolled down, and got the red message that a load of my plugins have been "Deactivated after failing to initialise correctly". These are plugins I rely on every day, and that were working fine in Acoustica previously. I clicked "Rescan all" but it seems they are skipped, they are still showing up as red, and therefore unusable. I can't work without some of these plugins, e.g. if a client comes back to me and wants a revision the next day, and the plugin chain that previously worked, now won't load the same plugins, I am forced to use a different host.

How can I force Acoustica to scan them again?
Sorry about that, it's known issue in version 7.2 that we have already fixed in the current 7.3 beta version. The Rescan doesn't delete the plug-ins marked as invalid, but you can do so manually by selecting the invalid plug-ins (red ones). You can select multiple entries by holding down the shift key and you an press the delete key to remove the entries.

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:33 am

Thank you Stian, I just gave it a go and it worked! I have my ITB mastering chain back again. :)

Will reply to your email shortly.

Return to “Acon Digital”