convolution reverb plugin feature request

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRer
26 posts since 9 Jul, 2012

Post Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:58 am

Hi stian,

I love the sound and features of the whole acoustica range. Thank you!

I also like to use the convolution plugin for my (rather big) collection of impulses - I think it is already very nice.

But, it's not very convenient / too basic for loading, checking different IRs.

Would it be a big hassle to implement some kind of "explorer" for easier IR-loading options with disk drives / directory tree / favourite locations etc. and skipping through a list, without always clicking "open"?

Something different is, that if it happens that the plugin cannot find the impulse file upon reloading a project, it does not report that. It loads empty in the aux track e.g. ... sometimes hard to find the bug in the mix :-) Is there a way to report that when the project is opened?

KVRian
1120 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:13 am

Hi!
litzblitz wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:58 am
I love the sound and features of the whole acoustica range. Thank you!
Thanks, I'm very glad to hear that! :)
litzblitz wrote:
I also like to use the convolution plugin for my (rather big) collection of impulses - I think it is already very nice.

But, it's not very convenient / too basic for loading, checking different IRs.

Would it be a big hassle to implement some kind of "explorer" for easier IR-loading options with disk drives / directory tree / favourite locations etc. and skipping through a list, without always clicking "open"?
Yes, that has been requested a couple of times and it would make the tool much more usable. We'll try to get that integrated soon.
litzblitz wrote:
Something different is, that if it happens that the plugin cannot find the impulse file upon reloading a project, it does not report that. It loads empty in the aux track e.g. ... sometimes hard to find the bug in the mix :-) Is there a way to report that when the project is opened?
I see you point. I don't think the plug-in version should show a pop-up as this can be very annoying and even crash certain hosts (pop-ups aren't really allowed). It would be possible in Acoustica, but I guess you use it in another host?

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Topic Starter

26 posts since 9 Jul, 2012

Post Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:44 am

Hi Stian, thanks for considering.
Yes, that has been requested a couple of times and it would make the tool much more usable. We'll try to get that integrated soon.
That would be great. :hug:
I see you point. I don't think the plug-in version should show a pop-up as this can be very annoying and even crash certain hosts (pop-ups aren't really allowed).
I understand. Seems kind of tricky and your guess is right. I mostly use Cubase 10.5 Pro nowadays, but I sure have some other hosts too. :-)
It would be possible in Acoustica, but I guess you use it in another host?
I use Acoustica standalone too, but more in a solo-track-mastering-context. For that kind of tasks I rarely need convolution. Subjective workflows all over the place :hihi:

Best lb

Return to “Acon Digital”