Just to say...

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRer
5 posts since 5 Dec, 2002

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:28 am

What a great product!! Thank you so much for your time and efforts to keep this software up to date. I have a lot of tools in my music software arsenal. Each tool does its own special task. And for me, Acoustica has found a permanent spot. :tu:

KVRian
1159 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:29 am

Thank you so much, I'm very glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

KVRer
15 posts since 6 Dec, 2004

Post Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Is there any chance you can add all pass filter ?
Thanks

KVRian
696 posts since 23 Mar, 2013

Post Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm

Yeah, I agree. Gotta say I was tempted by the latest Samplitude Suite upgrade to get Spectralayers 7 and Sound Forge 13 but for me Acostica is so refined, direct and reliable - I do have Spectralayers 6 so between that and Acoustica I'm way more than happy.

KVRian

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am

[PTMAO]Dusk wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 pm
Thanks
We can look into that, but I'm not quite sure what kind of all-pass filtering you're after? Are you looking for a filter where you can choose an arbitrary phase response?

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am

nathanj wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:48 pm
Yeah, I agree. Gotta say I was tempted by the latest Samplitude Suite upgrade to get Spectralayers 7 and Sound Forge 13 but for me Acostica is so refined, direct and reliable - I do have Spectralayers 6 so between that and Acoustica I'm way more than happy.
Thanks, Nathan -- I'm very glad to hear that! :)

Best,
Stian

KVRian

Post Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:07 pm

I see that the Reader's Choice Awards here on KVR Audio are now open. We would highly appreciate if you would consider casting a vote to get Acoustica nominated: https://www.kvraudio.com/readers-choice ... dio-editor :hug:

Best,
Stian

KVRAF
1670 posts since 14 Sep, 2004 from $HOME

Post Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 am

Since you asked so nicely, I did just that :) also, as the only other audio editor I own is wavelab LE (and probably audacity somewhere), it was an easy choice.
The “reverb” category wasn’t as easy, as the Valhalla Verbs, Seventh Heaven and Phoenix are strong contenders, but overall Verberate 2 is just great (it also is probably the most cpu intensive...)

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:07 am

fese wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:40 am
Since you asked so nicely, I did just that :) also, as the only other audio editor I own is wavelab LE (and probably audacity somewhere), it was an easy choice.
The “reverb” category wasn’t as easy, as the Valhalla Verbs, Seventh Heaven and Phoenix are strong contenders, but overall Verberate 2 is just great (it also is probably the most cpu intensive...)
Thank you very much! :hug:

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Post Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 am

stian wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:39 am
[PTMAO]Dusk wrote:
Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:32 pm
Thanks
We can look into that, but I'm not quite sure what kind of all-pass filtering you're after? Are you looking for a filter where you can choose an arbitrary phase response?

Best,
Stian
Hi, Thanks for reply.
The possibility to have a few bands set to all pass filter and changing their bandwidth . I use it mostly for frequency aligment of instruments recorded with multiple microphones. they are low CPU filters and great for this task.

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:36 am

[PTMAO]Dusk wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:10 am
Hi, Thanks for reply.
The possibility to have a few bands set to all pass filter and changing their bandwidth . I use it mostly for frequency aligment of instruments recorded with multiple microphones. they are low CPU filters and great for this task.
Thanks for the elaboration! I'm still not quite sure how you imagine this and I'm not sure if it's really worth digging into considering that there are free plug-ins for this (e.g. MFreeformPhase from Melda). It could be interesting if combined with some sort of blind estimation to correct audio that went through a transmission line with non-constant group delay. How do you manage to align the phase manually? It sounds like a very tedious task. :)

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Post Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:06 pm

Well, thats the nature of all pass filters, they do change the phase for a certain range in the spectrum depending on where they are set. nothing new in this. Have a look at pi by soundradix, epure by flux. Both using different algorithm to achieve the result but they all get alignment based on all pass filters designs.
I ´m not a filter designer nor a DSP pro. i assumed that would be a great add for your lovely eq.

Thanks.

KVRian

Post Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 am

[PTMAO]Dusk wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:06 pm
Well, thats the nature of all pass filters, they do change the phase for a certain range in the spectrum depending on where they are set. nothing new in this. Have a look at pi by soundradix, epure by flux. Both using different algorithm to achieve the result but they all get alignment based on all pass filters designs.
I ´m not a filter designer nor a DSP pro. i assumed that would be a great add for your lovely eq.

Thanks.
Thank for elaborating! I don't think allpass filters belong in Equalize to be honest. Pi has a very different approach as you probably know. I'm not familiar with epure, but I couldn't find any information about allpass filters in the specifications?

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Post Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:46 pm

Dont get me wrong but these type of filters are so important on a daily basis for mixing and "fixing" that i really think it should be a great add for your product ,that is already excelent design.
Reaper stock eq (ReaEQ) has it implemented . The best part is that you can add up has many you want , mixed with low, high cut, shelfs and peaks. Really handy. The filters in ReaEQ do not have same quality has in Acon.
I do understand your position , just hoping to see it in a future release ;)
All the best.

KVRer
5 posts since 4 Feb, 2021

Post Wed Feb 03, 2021 8:10 pm

I want to chime in that I, too, LOVE Acoustica 7. Visually clean and crisp, editing is fast. Even if you have a favorite DAW, I still advise purchasing a copy. It will speed up your work.

Return to “Acon Digital”