Anyone jumped from RX Advanced to Acoustica Premium?

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRian
1456 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Milan, Italy

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:01 am

With the news that iZotope and NI will likely go subscription only in the not too distant future, I have been thinking of switching from RX7 Advanced to Acoustica Premium. It's cheaper than the version updates to RX Advanced!

I currently use RX Advanced mainly as a stereo editor, plugin host, and occasional repair and restoration tool in my mastering business. I've been on it since RX3, and before that I was using CoolEdit (which became Adobe Audition, which I also ditched when they went sub) since the mid 90s.

Just wondering if anyone else has made the jump? Was it a good decision? Anything you miss from RX? Anything much cooler about Acoustica, etc?

I should be able to use the plugin versions of the RX modules within Acoustica to easily match workflow and judge results etc.

I'd appreciate anyone jumping in who has used both. I'll likely try the Acoustica demo sometime soon, if they have one.

KVRist
326 posts since 25 Sep, 2002 from Chicago

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 am

I'd like to know this as well. I won't do subscription for any software, no matter how good it is. There are so many great options.

KVRer
29 posts since 18 Oct, 2017

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:02 am

I use RX7 and RX8 and Acoustica Premium. Both editors have some advantages and also disadvantages. So I can chose the best editor for a specific task.

KVRian

Topic Starter

1456 posts since 30 May, 2003 from Milan, Italy

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:21 am

I am loving Acoustica after a few weeks. No going back to RX Advanced. The only downside is the quality of SRC appears to be not as good as some of its peers, but hoping that will improve given time:

https://src.infinitewave.ca/

KVRer
3 posts since 23 Mar, 2018

Post Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:52 am

I'm going to be making the switch from RX 7 Standard to Acoustica Premium very soon, rather than upgrade to RX 8 and stay in the iZotope ecosystem (which I'm leaving behind altogether). I've been using the demo of Acoustica Premium and I'm loving all that it offers. With the new modules included in the new update, it's becoming even more of a no-brainer. That plus DeVerberate is all I'd need for my work, and the price comes well under what I'd be paying to upgrade to RX Advanced from Standard to get De-Rustle and De-Wind tools (that now come in Acoustica Premium). Happy to support this developer.

Return to “Acon Digital”