Acoustica 7.3 - add plugins that are not processed? (sonarworks)

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In mixing and mastering, I always use Sonarworks. I don't use systemwide when working in Nuendo and Wavelab. I just add the Sonarworks plugin to the monitoring section, not on any buss that gets used in exports. Is anything like this possible with Acoustica? I'm pretty new to it so I didn't see any quick way to do that, but maybe it exists already?

Did a quick test and Sonarworks cannot run in systemwide with Acoustica. That means it has to run as a plugin and be disabled before processing. That probably won't work for me. Its a fun editor and quick to use. I bought it. Unfortunately, I don't know that I can use it in a production environment due to this.
Any possibility of something like this being added in a next release?

Thanks for purchasing Acoustica! Unfortunately, it is not possible to set up a chain exclusively for the playback. We are considering different operational modes for the processing chains and playback could be one of them. Some customers also prefer a separate chain per clip, so I'm imagining something like a tab control to switch between e.g. "Shared Chain", "Clip Chain" and "Playback Chain".

Best,
Stian

Maybe as a simple modification, you could use one of these approaches:
1) have a checkbox on the plugin insert that disables the plugin when processed.
2) have a dividing line on the inserts. Anything above the line is part of the processing and anything below is only active during playback for monitoring.

All in all, a great program with a lot of great features. The best part is that the layout is intuitive.

Return to “Acon Digital”