Acoustica not scanning some VST3

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRer
4 posts since 1 Mar, 2021

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 pm

I'm trying the trial of Acoustica standard, and did a scan of my plugins but some of the VST3 were not picked up. Is it because the files are in a non standard plugin folder? Is there a way of defining additional folders to scan for VST3 if this is the case?

KVRian
1159 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:39 am

poseidal wrote:
Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:40 pm
I'm trying the trial of Acoustica standard, and did a scan of my plugins but some of the VST3 were not picked up. Is it because the files are in a non standard plugin folder? Is there a way of defining additional folders to scan for VST3 if this is the case?
The VST3 installation directories are specified in the standard, so that shouldn't be it. Acoustica won't list instrument VSTs, though. Which plug-ins aren't appearing in Acoustica?

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:09 am

The main one I use is FirComp2 [Jon V Audio] (I think there might be some more but I will have to check), but I have it in a non-standard folder (there is no installer with it, you just copy the file in), and I keep all non-installer plugins in a separate folder on the PC for organisation. The folder it is in was included as one of the directories to scan, which also includes some VST2.4 which did scan successfully.

System is Windows 10

KVRian
1159 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:30 am

I'm afraid that VST3 plug-ins have to be placed in the dedicated folder to be standard compliant. Here's from the documentation:
The VST3 format has a dedicated installation path all VST3 plug-ins must comply with.
The correct path is normally:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3

For 32-bit VST3 plug-ins on 64-bit Windows:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\VST3

Best,
Stian

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:42 am

I moved the plugins into a new folder within C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST3 and they scan now, thanks.

Return to “Acon Digital”