Acoustica Heavy on CPU Mac OD High Sierra

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRer
2 posts since 17 Jun, 2021

Post Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:02 pm

I've had to stop using Acoustica because it is so CPU heavy. Just playing and audio file 48k it is using over 100% of my CPU so there are clicks and pops when playing. Why is this app so heavy. No plugins running. I have the analyzer windows closed and it's always the same.
Mac OS 10.13.6
iMac 3.2 Ghz processor i5
Does this only run on M1 Macs now? I like the app but it seems to have got worse on each update.

KVRist
38 posts since 18 Oct, 2017

Post Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:57 am

No problems on Mac mini M1!

KVRian
1237 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:26 am

DrQuest wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:02 pm
I've had to stop using Acoustica because it is so CPU heavy. Just playing and audio file 48k it is using over 100% of my CPU so there are clicks and pops when playing. Why is this app so heavy. No plugins running. I have the analyzer windows closed and it's always the same.
Mac OS 10.13.6
iMac 3.2 Ghz processor i5
Does this only run on M1 Macs now? I like the app but it seems to have got worse on each update.
We are not aware of any issues that would slow down Acoustica to that degree. Also, the native M1 support shouldn't affect the performance on Intel as Acoustica is distributed as a universal binary with native code for the two processors. What buffer size did you set in the audio device settings (Edit > Preferences > Audio Device Settings)? Also, does resizing the Acoustica main window affect the performance. If it does, it would indicate that the graphics is the bottleneck.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”