Sample Rate Conversion

Official support for: acondigital.com
KVRer
29 posts since 13 Aug, 2021

Post Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am

Tools - Convert Sample Format - Sample Rate Conversion Mode - Tried in both options
1) Perform Sample Rate conversion
2) Only Set Sample rate Tag

But result is coming as input sample rate only & for above option 2 first of all where to set sample rate?
I'm giving my required sample rate every time after by going as Saving As & there in options by giving sample rate. So where to set in single stroke as mentioned

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:19 am

Here also status quo except for the difference of 1 day.I mean 4 days here. Only Silence is the answer. Developers shirk of responsibility feel comes

KVRist
40 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Post Sun Nov 07, 2021 6:21 am

First of all, it's often difficult to understand your posts. Sometimes I read them two or three times and I'm still confused. :)
And I get the impression that you're asking for instructions for even trivial tasks, instead of trying to do things yourself. I suggest you experiment more, play around with some test files and see how things work.
I think Acoustica's UI is quite straight-forward and not that complicated. It can't do everything, but that's life. Se we just have to deal with some limitations and submit requests if we want some things changed.

Now onto this:
nivedhya@hotmail.com wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:18 am
But result is coming as input sample rate only
You mean the sample rate stays the same and no change happens after pressing OK? It works fine for me, but maybe I misunderstand.
What does it say in the area under "Cursor position"?
for above option 2 first of all where to set sample rate?
Same as for option 1, it's in the same pop-up window. But again, I'm a bit confused by this question and maybe you mean something else.
I'm giving my required sample rate every time after by going as Saving As & there in options by giving sample rate.
The Save As dialog doesn't have a sample rate setting, it only has a bit depth setting. Are you talking about the batch processor?

KVRAF
2119 posts since 15 Feb, 2006 from Berkeley, CA

Post Sun Nov 07, 2021 2:31 pm

Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:19 am
Here also status quo except for the difference of 1 day.I mean 4 days here. Only Silence is the answer. Developers shirk of responsibility feel comes
Have you filed a ticket here?
Acon Digital Support
I know stian posts to this forum with some regularity, but when I've filed a support ticket I've gotten prompt replies.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:02 am

I tried to raise my query as .png file so that you can understand and answer. Just it simply said file size too large & not allowed. My file 4 MB size. Don't know what is this forum limitation, What types of file formats allowed & where are those details in this Forum?

Next I tried through drop box and paste the link here. The link after pasting is as it is black & may not be able to open.

If I break that 4 MB file and send it will be more pathetic, much more worst that what I have asked to understand without proper continuity.

So I expect a way out to raise my question. Can you help?

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:02 am

Now I try to reframe my question. If possible to understand reply.
My input Audio is 44K
In Convert Sample Rate pop up dialog box I set sample rate 48K as requirement & select option 1 'Perform Sample Rate Conversion' , it works fine & I get 48K output.

Now coming to option 2 'Only Set Sample rate tag' I select with same 48K setting this also does same thing & give same output. What is this set, tag mean here? This set mentions my above setting 48K of my requirement or we have to set somewhere and if so where? And this Tag What it means?

Please understand above question do you think I could have raised without some trying & also understand all your DAW users will not be Music Directors & novices like us also may be there who has some interest in Audio, try out & do something & may raise questions.

Please do not conclude yourself we ask without trying. Having tried & not getting result or where to apply only we raise questions.

KVRist
40 posts since 19 Jun, 2019

Post Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:47 am

Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:02 am
Now coming to option 2 'Only Set Sample rate tag' I select with same 48K setting this also does same thing & give same output. What is this set, tag mean here? This set mentions my above setting 48K of my requirement or we have to set somewhere and if so where? And this Tag What it means?
To simplify things, because this is a complicated topic:
An audio file is made of audio data and metadata. The metadata is contained in bits known as tags.
Typically, we talk about tags in audio files for things like album name, artist name, date, song name and so on. For example, you can change the song name of a file without changing the audio data at all, by simply modifying a tag.

But a tag can also contain sample rate information. So, let's say, a 44.1kHz WAV file will have something like samplerate=44100 in a tag.
Now, if you set the sample rate tag in Acoustica to 48kHz, that tag changes to samplerate=48000, but the audio data stays the same.
The sample rate tag is an instruction for the player which opens this file, it says how the file should be played. So what happens when the tag of a file says 48000 instead of 44100? The file plays faster and with a higher pitch, because the player now plays 48000 samples every second instead of only 44100.

This is completely different from option 1 in Acoustica, which is an actual sample-rate conversion, which doesn't change the duration and for small changes (44.1->48kHz) it shouldn't change the sound either.

Which one should you use? It depends entirely on what your end goal is. But typically, when we talk about sample rate conversion, we mean option 1. Option 2 (setting only the sample rate tag) is something that most people would probably never use.

KVRer

Topic Starter

Post Tue Nov 09, 2021 6:47 am

Thank You. Excellent. I understand now. Such replies only I expect when I raise some query. Now I'm 200 percent clear where to use What in both above options because I have come across such occasions/hurdles, some players/recording media may not accept/play certain files. And I have struggled in those occasions

Hence now I feel this second option of Acoustica is really great, which may not be there in many DAW's. Please understand how one is able to appreciate & can use if someone understand what certain tool does.

And please I would like to say output effect like sensitivity issue etc., I raised, one needs to try & understand as you suggest, but tools like above unless one understand where/for what requirement to be used how one can try? And for that only I keep on reiterating for elaborate Manual.(Manual to say every tool/sub tool of Acoustica where to use/for what output requirement & where certain tools will not work, like that day after I raised I was told certain tools won't work in batch process)

Please erase from your mind, posting here without trying. In fact most of the postings are out of frustration after trying & we are not experts like you.

Anyhow Thank you again for your patient understanding & reply & sorry if you feel troubled by my query/replies.

And please let me know the file format/uploading limitations of this Forum or where to locate those details in this Forum so that I can reframe & post still pending/unanswered queries.

KVRian
1237 posts since 1 Jan, 2005 from Norway

Post Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:34 am

Logga wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:47 am
To simplify things, because this is a complicated topic:
An audio file is made of audio data and metadata. The metadata is contained in bits known as tags.
Typically, we talk about tags in audio files for things like album name, artist name, date, song name and so on. For example, you can change the song name of a file without changing the audio data at all, by simply modifying a tag.

But a tag can also contain sample rate information. So, let's say, a 44.1kHz WAV file will have something like samplerate=44100 in a tag.
Now, if you set the sample rate tag in Acoustica to 48kHz, that tag changes to samplerate=48000, but the audio data stays the same.
The sample rate tag is an instruction for the player which opens this file, it says how the file should be played. So what happens when the tag of a file says 48000 instead of 44100? The file plays faster and with a higher pitch, because the player now plays 48000 samples every second instead of only 44100.

This is completely different from option 1 in Acoustica, which is an actual sample-rate conversion, which doesn't change the duration and for small changes (44.1->48kHz) it shouldn't change the sound either.

Which one should you use? It depends entirely on what your end goal is. But typically, when we talk about sample rate conversion, we mean option 1. Option 2 (setting only the sample rate tag) is something that most people would probably never use.
Thanks explaining this so nicely!

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”