new tracktion browser ?!?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I bet ya'll are wondering what this is all about? Well, I got back in the lab with another idea.. and in a preliminary way, everything is working like a beaut. BTW, sorry mac pplz.. it's a PC thing. :P

behold the beginings of a bizarre little Tracktion browser. :o The program loads tracktion, resizes it, forces it into a "real" window (that you can drag around), and then tacks the browser on the bottom! it works great! You can drag wavs, midi files, etc.. right from the browser section and drop 'em into tracktion (in an edit, or the project window.. doesn't matter)! I just need to add a few navigation buttons and a mask for file selection. I think I can even make the panal work like Ableton live where is collapses via a button then resizes the tracktion screen. It'll support the windows view modes too like list, icons, and details. There are tons of details to iron out, but the main thing is that it WORKS.. and no crashes (I see no reson for it it.. it should be uber stable).

Here is a screenshot of the working rough...

Anyway... for all my PC users, what resolution do you operate tracktion in? Just curious? I'm trying to figure out how to handle the different resolutions people have. Maybe a simple file where the use configues the window size this program uses.

Lastly, any basic suggestions? Nothing too crazy.. don't get fooled by the picture.. it looks like it's one program, but it's not. So that means, the program doesn't use tracktion at all. Tracktion operates on it's own.. the program just places it into a window.. the browser is actually a seperate panal.. but since it all has the same color it looks like a single program. There is no tracktion code hacking, or reverse engineering here.. so it's all good! :D

BTW, I'm using s OSX type skin in XP in case you were wondery why the scroll bars are diff. So it'll look different depending on your system.
Last edited by ModuLR on Fri Apr 09, 2004 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ModuLR / Radio

1024x768.

Just give that baby a collapse-and-resize button as you had described and I'm ready to commence shitting my pants :D

Edit: By-the-way, I run a dual-monitor setup, would that possibly dork up the program or have you tested it on a dualie?

1000 by 700

suggestions:

-folder tree
-play preview
-slighlty different shade of purple

1280 x 1024 - seems cool

Great again!I've got it all organized but I still can't find anything.:D I agree on slightly darker shade too, anchor it better visually. 1280 x 1024 here.

Rock wrote:1280 x 1024 - seems cool
Same here (I think).

This looks freakin insane, its like the Acid menu thing. One request (dont know if its possible :D) , it would be cool if it could preview waves through Media player somehow.

Oh, my... :o

Mod, what the h-e-"double-pucks" do you do in your spare time to come up with these insane ideas??? :shock:

How about docking Audacity wave editor on the bottom pane (using tabs, of course to switch to explorer, editor, media player preview, etc)?

This is cool... :D
kevlingo

How about docking Audacity wave editor on the bottom pane (using tabs, of course to switch to explorer, editor, media player preview, etc)?
Would other apps be able to be placed there? I didn't get that impression. I guess only modular knows.

I'm using 1600 by 1200 here.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

a: it's rad.

b: you're wicked - wicked! - for using litestep or somesuch to make your windows explorer look like osX, then saying that it's windows-only.

c: as above =P

d: 1024 x 768 =|

Rock wrote:Would other apps be able to be placed there? I didn't get that impression. I guess only modular knows.
Dunno. Saw the explorer window (well, the file browser) and thought it would be cool to have an editor available in the same window. AD80 suggested the preview, which adds to the craziness.

BTW...I am running at 1280x1024.
kevlingo

If it could be collapsable then this would be really great.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

what a great idea !!!

fwiw i say keep it real simple and lean - no folder trees - no other apps dockable - just a browser with the usual toolbar buttons (you know - back / up a level / etc)

oh yeah - 1024x768

slainte 8) rob

What a cool idea :D. I'm using 1400x1050.

Now that you're up and running again, would you still like me to compile mac versions of your building block plugins?

- Niall.

pHz wrote:what a great idea !!!

- 1024x768

slainte 8) rob
!! :)

Return to “Tracktion”