Books - Guide to Tracktion T6/T7 - $0

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This looks like a really nice manual for Tracktion. It's been so long since I had version 1 and 2 that it's hard to figure out all the new tricks that they've added in T6.

One question - sorry if I missed this but if I buy the pre-release now, do I get updates when the guide is finished? Or do I just get the work in progress updates? In other words do I eventually get the "finished" version?

hexman wrote:This looks like a really nice manual for Tracktion. It's been so long since I had version 1 and 2 that it's hard to figure out all the new tricks that they've added in T6.

One question - sorry if I missed this but if I buy the pre-release now, do I get updates when the guide is finished? Or do I just get the work in progress updates? In other words do I eventually get the "finished" version?
Yes, you get updates until it's finished. Finished means it covers all the topics in the outline. There are 9 remaining unreleased chapters at this point. I'm really trying to get those out yet this month.

Just added Chapter 28 - Scanning Plugins

I just calculated and there are 423 images in the book so far!

zxant wrote: 
!! Totally Ridiculous !!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Yes - you are!!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

I just released Chapter 29 - Using Plugins. This chapter provides more of the mechanics of working with plugins and the Tracktion mixer. More coverage of plugins, effects, and mixing down are coming up soon in the final chapters of the book.

The book is now 81% released - only 7 chapters remaining!

Bill

Thanks - enjoying the book and learning quite a bit. Traction does a few things a little different so it's nice to have your book to read thru.

It's pretty amazing how powerful Tracktion is. I find myself thinking things are really easy so it must be less capable that other programs. But its' not - they're just more clumsy than Tracktion.

Today I released an update bring the book to 86% complete! This update includes two new chapters:

Chapter 30 - Built-in Effects Plugins
Chapter 31 - Effects Bus Tracks

The complete book will have 36 chapters plus a bonus chapter macro scripting.

Bill

Three new chapters in the latest update:

Chapter 32 - Clip Effects
Chapter 33 - Folder Tracks
Chapter 34 - Submix Tracks

Only two chapters remaining until it's done!

Bill

I just released the complete book Guide to Tracktion 6 including 37 chapters and 306 illustrated pages. The latest additions are:

Chapter 35 - Automation
Chapter 36 - Mixing Down

I will certainly update the book with corrections in the future now it's released!

Bill

https://leanpub.com/billedstromsguidetotracktion

Yay! Congrats, Bill.

frankvg wrote:Yay! Congrats, Bill.
Thank you!

I'm having problems with the contents page in Clearview on Mac - after chapter 22 clicking on the chapter headings to load them doesn't work (also the main contents page also only goes up to 22). In iBooks it loads fine but I prefer Clearview's interface and it's faster to load.

aMUSEd wrote:I'm having problems with the contents page in Clearview on Mac - after chapter 22 clicking on the chapter headings to load them doesn't work (also the main contents page also only goes up to 22). In iBooks it loads fine but I prefer Clearview's interface and it's faster to load.
Would you send that issue to Leanpub support (hello@leanpub.com)? They are usually pretty good at looking into technical issues with the ebook rendering.
Last edited by gigazaga on Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK done thanks

Nice work. Thanks Bill.

Return to “Tracktion”