Tracktion has ruined me...

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have a few old songs still festering in Sonar 2 and ACID 4...

I tried to go back to them the other night, just get 'em out of the way, get 'em finished so I could uninstall the programs for good.

Sigh... I couldn't even tolerate the workflow long enough to do it! I can't write music at all now unless I'm using Tracktion!

I think I'm going to have to just export them as single wave files and reopen in Tracktion.

Same here. tried rewiring old Orion songs but even that was too much bother - eventually just streamed wavs and imported.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

I always keep my options open testing and retesting alternate hosts thinking that something is gonna click that didn't before and guess what? it just doesn't happen. No matter what, I always come back to Tracktion.

It makes me laugh. I'm like a crackhead. :-o
ModuLR / Radio

Can't imagine ever going back to Cubase and the like. It's just not possible anymore. Everytime i see a hardware-mixer GUI i get panic-attacks.

Well, almost :D
Buy Darling Sister's new album "Rise and fall" now! Just send a pm or an email. Visit our myspace page on www.myspace.com/darlingsister for songsamples.

I'm with Lava on this too - Sonar 2.2 just doesn't cut it anymore workflow wise, so it's a real chore going back even tho there is the odd feature (loop explorer, mfx midi effects and drum editor are 3 of them) that I still yearn for occasionally.

Jed

Totaly agrea, I used 8 weeks before the end of last year trying to port cubaseSX song works, and Reason blatterings, to Tracktion, ended up exporting audio tracks, but it was a work in progress, so it fell between two chairs.

Tracktion keeps it going, though! No more greedy dev. bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Traction:

Whilst I agree with workflow and ease of use issues, surely you must find there are some advantages to the way Acid and Orion work, for example:

Acid's timestretching is great, I use it mainly just for its Beatmapper (since I mainly like to bootleg songs ala DJ Shadow and 2 Many DJs). Meanwhile, Orion does have some very tasty synths, so that is what I use if for, then I stream the pattern to WAV and use in Tracktion.

So I say, create a healthy union of all your tools, then use Tracktion to bring them all together. I think of Acid, Orion and others as the DNA and Tracktion as the cell from which the DNA is expressed - but then I am a Human Geneticist by training and a Biology teacher to be, so that's just me.

I found it difficuly to be without Muzys playroom feature, where you can build longer songs out of smaller segments or songs - live. Not unlike Ableton.

Same here. After demoing Tracktion for a few days and putting it up against my Sonar - I bought Tracktion.

I never really like Sonar's bizillion windows and itty bitty icons even on 1280x1024. Tracktion is just better and faster at the user interface. I have a really hard time now with Sonar because of how EASY it is to arrange, edit, etc in the main window of Tracktion.

Return to “Tracktion”