cant get waveform to recognise my midi controller [Solved]

Discussion about: tracktion.com
carly1957
KVRer
10 posts since 24 Apr, 2017

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:07 am

i think im a dumbass here i did what you told me about changing my setting, but my mac won't open them. it says i dont have an application to open them. i bought this mac used. is there a program i dont know about that i need?

dRowAudio
KVRAF
1507 posts since 30 Dec, 2012

Re: cant get waveform to recognise my midi controller

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:15 am

carly1957 wrote:i think im a dumbass here i did what you told me about changing my setting, but my mac won't open them. it says i dont have an application to open them. i bought this mac used. is there a program i dont know about that i need?
I'm not sure what you mean about this? You don't need to "open" them, you just rename them to effectively delete them but keep a backup.
When you open Waveform the next time, those files will automatically get re-created, you don't need to "open" them.

The other alternative is to simply delete the "Waveform" folder those items reside in. That will give you an effective clean install. (The caveat to this is that Waveform will copy over settings from T7 if the Waveform folder doesn't exist which is why I suggested simply renaming the files so only those will get re-created).

dRowAudio
KVRAF

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 am

carly1957 wrote:dave, i have no idea how to post screenshots on a forum. can i not delete waveform, then re download it?
everything on my screenshot is exactly like yours. in t7 it works fine, and i had never had it on this mac. reaper works fine. i have no other controller, other than my one m audio axiom 49. on the settings page under midi devices my axiom is set both to output and input to port 1.
in the bottom of the sequencer alias says usb axiom port 1. record to note automation is off. on the right side set all incoming notes velocities to full is off allow midi controller remapping is on and enable input monitoring is on.
If you can try deleting the settings as I described that would help as I need to know we've not missed something. Every single time I've had a similar support issue it's been a stray setting somewhere.

If the MIDI input is active and can be assigned to a track and the input level meter moves with input then it sounds like the problem is in the configuration, recording or synth parts. At the moment I'm trying to eliminate the configuration and synth aspects (hence the questions about MIDI channels and BioTek/Collective).

It sounds like a configuration issue as other Mac users have the same keyboard and aren't experiencing the same problems. Therefore, deleting/renaming the settings files will hopefully give us some defaults which is a better position for me to start from.

To take a screenshot on the Mac simply press "cmd + shift + 3". A png image file will appear on your desktop called something like "Screen Shot DATE TIME.png".

To upload it to the forum:
• When you reply to a post, make sure you sue the "full editor"
• Just below the text entry box is a button called "Upload Attachment", press it
• Click the "Choose file" button and browse for the screenshot image on your desktop
• Then click "Add the file"
• Finish typing your post and press "Submit"

carly1957
KVRer

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:27 am

that's the point, when i arm a track with a plug in (a synth) there is no activity the meter does'nt move at the trck input nor the mixer i set the input to usb axiom port 1 and nothing happens. it's like i have the track set at no input.

carly1957
KVRer

Post Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:46 pm

dave it worked! i was able to append those files, then i reinstalled the programs(32 and 64) both work perfect!!! thanks for your patience and expertise!

dRowAudio
KVRAF

Post Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:08 am

Glad to hear you got it sorted. From that resolution my guess would be that there was a rouge setting somewhere but I'm still not sure which one it was...

JMystic
KVRer
1 posts since 3 Jan, 2020

Post Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:32 pm

dRowAudio wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:45 am
Can I just clarify the issue here as looking back through the thread it seems we may be talking at cross purposes.
Can you see your Axiom in the input device list in the Edit? (I.e. click on the input shape, does it appear in the list?)Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 14.44.27.png

If so, when you select it, can you show us the properties? I.e.Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 14.45.41.png
I'm attempting to use Traktion T7 and I actually am having the issue you mention here. I can enable it in settings but it doesn't show under input devices, therefore, I can't use my keyboard on a track on top of that I'm having no sound when I throw on any vst instrument.

chico.co.uk
KVRAF
2357 posts since 17 Jun, 2003

Re: cant get waveform to recognise my midi controller [Solved]

Post Sun Jan 05, 2020 5:07 pm

You might be better starting a new thread about this, and folk can help, but is this a new installation of Tracktion 7 (ie, not an upgrade from a previously working earlier version) and what's the make and model of the keyboard?

Some quick things to check, under settings, input devices, see if it shows up there as Enabled, if not, enable it there. Then check under settings, control surfaces, if it shows up under there.

If its showing in control surfaces, look for the option that's along the lines of "hide midi input" and make sure that's turned off

If that doesn't help, take some screenshots of your settings tabs, and post them in a new thread, and a screen shot of the main playback window too. Also, check live input monitoring is turned on as an option in the settings of your audio output. They changed the wording of that at some point, can't remember shen, so if you can't find that, it'll be called "run audio engine when stopped" or something similar. It's the same option, can't remember what it was called in t7, but make sure it's on
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Return to “Tracktion”