Midi Transpose

Discussion about: tracktion.com
terrynoakes
KVRist
328 posts since 7 May, 2007 from Angus,Scotland

Post Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:57 am

@ FigBug
Would it be possible to add to the Modify Button or some other panel a: Transpose selected midi clips.
I know you have the transpose plug,
but I think the above request would be much easier to use,and dare I say, a more elegant way to do it, + it's1 less plug in the chain.
I have tried putting the transpose plug in a rack, and that does change all the clips at once, but I got the meters overloading and glitch in audio doing this. I do not get that problem with just the plugs on their own. Its just a pain to have to change each one if you want to change pitches.
Perhaps you could then use the existing transpose plug to,(and I dont know if this would be possible or usefull) transpose notes in scale & key 3rds,4ths,5ths etc.
Cheers

rosesbyrosex
KVRist
128 posts since 15 Jul, 2017 from Monterrey

Re: Midi Transpose

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Yes¡¡ Please add this, i need it urgently¡¡
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

rosesbyrosex
KVRist

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:58 pm

The button should be added on the midi clips menu:
so the feature will be similar to the "change picth" option on audio clips
Quad Core | 16GB DDR4 | 240 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD | FLStudio ASIO | 1 GB Video | W10 x64

rhydermike
KVRer
26 posts since 4 Nov, 2016 from UK

Post Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:59 pm

I'd like this too. The synth that I use as my controller is +1 octave compared to most keyboards, so I'm constantly having to apply the MIDI plugin.

chico.co.uk
KVRAF
2164 posts since 17 Jun, 2003

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:55 am

rhydermike wrote:I'd like this too. The synth that I use as my controller is +1 octave compared to most keyboards, so I'm constantly having to apply the MIDI plugin.
On the settings page, midi tab, there's a setting, per midi input, where you tell it which key to use as middle C. If you set that to what suits your keyboard, you shouldn't need to use the MIDI plugin to transpose the key
midi_in.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

rhydermike
KVRer
26 posts since 4 Nov, 2016 from UK

Post Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:37 pm

Aha! I had looked and looked for something like that, and now I feel foolish for not having found it. Thanks a lot for pointing it out. I'll fix that next time I power it up. A big time-saver for me.

chico.co.uk
KVRAF
2164 posts since 17 Jun, 2003

Post Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:02 am

No worries. It's little fiddly things like that, that make all the difference, a lot of the time
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

rosesbyrosex
KVRist

Post Fri Dec 01, 2017 11:44 am

Just found that this is already implemented in Waveform 8, in midi clip editor
you can also transpose serveral clips just select them, then transpose

terrynoakes
KVRist

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:03 am

rosesbyrosex wrote:Just found that this is already implemented in Waveform 8, in midi clip editor
you can also transpose serveral clips just select them, then transpose
Not sure you can do what I'm after with this.
I want to be able to select and transpose several Midi Tracks at the same time,without having to use the Midi Modifier plug. Using the Midi Modifier plug is ok, but still a bit of a pain, as you have to transpose each Track of midi individually. This wouldn't be quite so bad if the Midi Modifier plug had some sort of Master/ slave link.
I work on a lot of midi and this is my personal bugbear. Probably not matter much to others though :D

jabe
KVRAF
1751 posts since 9 Oct, 2008 from UK

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:01 am

If you have the Pitch Shifter on several tracks, you can highlight some or all of them and adjust them all at the same time.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9, 32&64, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

rosesbyrosex
KVRist

Post Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:09 pm

terrynoakes wrote: Not sure you can do what I'm after with this.
I want to be able to select and transpose several Midi Tracks at the same time,without having to use the Midi Modifier plug. Using the Midi Modifier plug is ok, but still a bit of a pain, as you have to transpose each Track of midi individually. This wouldn't be quite so bad if the Midi Modifier plug had some sort of Master/ slave link.
I work on a lot of midi and this is my personal bugbear. Probably not matter much to others though :D
rosesbyrosex wrote:you can also transpose serveral clips just select them, then transpose

terrynoakes
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:17 am

rosesbyrosex wrote:
terrynoakes wrote: Not sure you can do what I'm after with this.
rosesbyrosex wrote:you can also transpose serveral clips just select them, then transpose
I'm must be missing something here! How are you able to select clips in different tracks and then transpose them all at once.
If I select a lot of different tracks with midi clips in them, the option to transpose all the tracks/clips at once does not show.
Cheers
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rosesbyrosex
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:14 am

you must first open midi editor (doble click on any midi track), second select all midi tracks you want to transpose without closing midi editor, then tranpose, all selected tracks will transpose;)

I made this video to explain better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VHTLJQ ... e=youtu.be

terrynoakes
KVRist

Post Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:32 am

Thanks appreciated.

geqfreq
KVRist
118 posts since 31 Aug, 2015

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:59 am

:tu: