Biotek 2 at NAMM

Discussion about: tracktion.com
mevla
KVRAF
1727 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Post Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Gamma-UT wrote:There is approximately zero useful information in the video, which is mercifully only about two minutes long.
Indeed. Still a mystery why would Tracktion issue such a botched clip for a new product. When I first heard the other guy talk with an accent I thought ah, at least Wolfram is there and will pick it up. But nope, that was the interviewer.

TSC
Tracktioneer
504 posts since 31 Dec, 2012 from Seattle

Re: Biotek 2 at NAMM

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:36 am

LOL - day 4 at NAMM is always a struggle

My biggest takeaway from the video is I really need to go on a diet!
Tracktion Software Corporation

aMUSEd
KVRAF
30001 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:38 am

TSC wrote: My biggest takeaway from the video is I really need to go on a diet!
Maybe 'takeaway' is the problem? :)

TSC
Tracktioneer
504 posts since 31 Dec, 2012 from Seattle

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:36 pm

Indeed - or 'beer'!
Tracktion Software Corporation

mevla
KVRAF
1727 posts since 3 Nov, 2015

Post Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:30 pm

In any case I'm looking forward for Biotek 2 ! If I got this right, it expands - as it should - on the sample side of it by adding manipulation (grains). Maybe more to do with samples ?

Cheers.

pathworker
KVRist
147 posts since 15 Aug, 2014

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:00 am

Biotek is capable of far more than plain boring hoover sounds(unless you like hoover sounds, of course). like any synth you need to dig deep and make subtle changes. I do agree that the manual is fairly sparse though as there is quite a bit of depth to this little beast.( but then again, a surprising number of plugins have very slim, sometime non existent, documentation)
the more you play with Biotek and learn what the parameters do, the greater will be your palette of sounds.

now go hoover up some noise :wink:
Music is the language of the soul.

The best music comes from the heart of the performer or composer.

gesslr
KVRist
492 posts since 8 Apr, 2014 from USA

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:34 am

Did Woody say it was still 2 months out? He sounded a little unsure...
------------
MacPro 5,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.12.6 | Studio One 4| Waveform 9 | Logic Pro X | BWS 2.4.3 | CubasePro 10 |

http://www.soundwaremedia.com
http://www.facebook.com/geo.napier3

pathworker
KVRist
147 posts since 15 Aug, 2014

Post Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:08 am

gesslr wrote:Did Woody say it was still 2 months out? He sounded a little unsure...
Unless I am mistaken, an exact timeframe wasn't given, essentially it is a case of "watch the web site". also I note that according to the video clip at the start of this thread Biotek 2 will replace Biotek 1 which leads me to think that support for V1 will stop altogether, thus forcing an upgrade for existing users. Part of the wording was "biotek one goes away" make of that what you will. The trend with developers seems now to be a rapid major version upgrade cycle which is probably another way of increasing revenue flow, the problem with that model as I see it is that devs have to think about ways to lure potential repeat purchasers with more features which, if not handled correctly can backfire either due to the increased cost of factoring in the new feature sets into the existing code, or, the user base for the new features might not be sufficient to mitigate the costs of continued development. so, inventive marketing ploys are used to create an atmosphere of anticipation. the surprise factor is often used. so even given the information in the video we still only have half the story, that by the way is not a criticism, its a technique that works when applied skilfully and with integrity. :borg:
Music is the language of the soul.

The best music comes from the heart of the performer or composer.

Jeezo
KVRist
35 posts since 25 Nov, 2015

Post Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:13 pm

mevla wrote:
Jeezo wrote: So basically we bought a dead version , and to get an "active "one .... i would have waited maybe ..
I guess it depends when you bought it. Got mine more than a year ago., If you bought it yesterday, well, the upgrade will be in about two months. I guess there's always a trade off in time. Let's see what the upgrade actually looks like. It would be cool for a company to get a special for people who bought it the week before the new release or so.
Like a lot of overs , we bought it during last new year sale ;)

zzz00m
KVRian
1404 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:20 pm

Looks good! :tu:
Windows 10; with instruments from AIR, Ample Sound, AAS, Cakewalk, IK Multimedia, iZotope, KV331, NI, Seaweed Audio, SONiVOX, TAL, Tracktion, u-he, Way Out Ware, XLN, others...

Return to “Tracktion”