VSTs that "failed to load correctly" yet still work?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New to Tracktion Waveform, working on getting everything set up ... and I noticed that during plugin scans, I've got two VSTs that appear to fail. However, after the scan, they show up fine in the list and I'm able to use them in a project, so I'm not sure how they're failing.

Here's a screenshot:
Screen Shot 2018-03-22 at 8.12.02 PM.png
Vanguard is a 32 Lives resurrected plugin, so I could see that maybe misbehaving, but Melodyne? Weird.

Any ideas?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You're probably scanning folders that have 32 bit versions of the plugins in, as well as 64 bit versions. So you end up with the 64 bit version working, but you scanned the 32 bit version, and it didn't work. Because waveform now only supports 64 bit plugins.

Alternatively, you're using the VST3 version of the plug, and the VST2 version didn't scan (possibly because it was a 32 bit plug)
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

Hmm!

You are likely right on the 32-bit version with respect to Vanguard. I checked my VST folder and I've got two Vanguards, one of which was created by 32-Lives and is named differently.

In the case of Melodyne, I've got VST and VST3, but the error seems to only indicate the VST might be a problem. I've only got one Melodyne.vst in my VST folder, so not sure why that'd cause a 32/64-bit problem unless the VST somehow has both contained within? I'm just running the version of Melodyne that was provided as part of my Waveform purchase... so, it's still new to me.

Anyway, no big deal. I was just curious. Both plugins seem to work fine.

Return to “Tracktion”