Online registration off Collective and Biotek (again, and again and....) Not working

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is more then annoying: since days and days I try online registration of collectiv and biotek and it is not working. Internet connection works (it is even stated that it works but the tracktion server does not, "try again in a few minutes", since days now on and on and....)
I had this before (lots of times...), is there nobody taking care of this stuff ? Then you should change your licensing back to a general offline version if you could not keep your servers working....

Yes, I had the same issue, so had to unlock Biotek and Collective offline. It seems that products which show dark unlock window can be unlocked online and those with grey window cannot ;)

By the way, unlocking is always needed after Windows update when an old Windows content is moved to another folder (Windows.old) Seems the login data is saved somewhere in the Windows folder. Can't it be saved somewhere else to avoid unlocking again and again?

Today bump....
1605bump.jpg
(I will bump this till I get a solution....)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Have you tried the offline authorization method? This problem can be caused by any interruption to the communication with our servers - IP restrictions, firewalls etc

The link to perform the offline method is available in your downloads area - give that a go and let us know how you get on

If the problem persists, ping the support team and Brian can take a deeper look at your connection
Tracktion Software Corporation

Offline registration worked but I really hope it wont be necessary for EVRY update like in the past, this is really annoying dont know how many time I already spent trying to activate any of the biotek and collective versions.

And what I really dont understand: with the same system online activation of waveform works (tried the 9.1.9 directly before the plugs, no problem) but not with biotek and collective, so the problem is definitely not on my connection/configuration but on your server site. And I think you should really think about how useful such an unstable activation method (especially if it is needed again for any update of whatever, plug, windows, waveform...) is.

MBO wrote:By the way, unlocking is always needed after Windows update when an old Windows content is moved to another folder (Windows.old) Seems the login data is saved somewhere in the Windows folder. Can't it be saved somewhere else to avoid unlocking again and again?
Ditto. :tu:

Registration has been flawless on my Windows 10 box until after today's major Windows 10 update. Waveform is poofing during registration and just not happy... which makes me same. :(

After thinking it was registered, I'm now getting the demo noise. Wait a tic... that's right, I now need to re-register all Waveform plugs.

Oh well, I used the opportunity to update BioTek, Collective and Waverazor. After some minor issues, all is back to good.

The problem is that we use the home folder file identifier to generate the machine IDs. I'm not sure why but big Windows updates seem to mess with this.
We used to use some Windows system folders but they changed IDs between 32/64 bit builds so plugins kept getting locked. This also wouldn't seem to help in this case as the whole Windows folder appears to get recreated.

Basically, Windows seems to mess with all of the file IDs during these big updates so I don't know what to use that could actually be static...

dRowAudio wrote:Basically, Windows seems to mess with all of the file IDs during these big updates so I don't know what to use that could actually be static...
Thanks for the response Dave.

The recent Windows 10 update was a major one, which doesn't happen all that often, thus isn't a huge issue for me. As I shared, T products have been holding their registrations much better than in the past. Let's hope this trend continues!

Looking around the Interwebs reveals a lot of pain caused by Microsoft updates, so this is not a unique case. I'm always relieved and grateful when the updates don't break things.

Now on a super positive MS update note, this major update has resolved my issues with certain VST plugs crashing W when opening their GUI!!! I'd read about the update a while back and it was mentioned that it was actually being held back from release because MS was working hard to make sure it would resolve a lot of black / blue screen crashes (another thing I was dealing with). So far, it looks like they nailed it, at least for my box.

The two plugs that I can remember crashing were Newfangle's EQuivocate and NI's Phasis.

So the short story is that any pain produced by the need to re-register all T product was wiped away and sweetly replaced by great joy for having the VST issue resolved!

:clap:

Return to “Tracktion”