You guys are really crazy :-)

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I mean this in a positive sense...

Some time ago, I was complaining, that plugin presets doesn´t store Faceplates and Macros...

Dave told me, that they have to make a new kind of preset, which is able to store this data...
I didn´t expect this to happen soon and didn´t touch Macros and Faceplates again (other than in Racks, where they were stored correctly) and I didn´t read anything about this again...

Today I tried again to store a plugin preset with Faceplate and Macros assigned and what shall I say:

It works... the saved preset recalls the faceplate as well as the macros...
Very happy to see this, but...:

This wasn´t really worth to mention in the release notes??? :dog:

What else of cool stuff have you guys still folded in the latest 5 releases, what I haven´t discovered yet???

Tell me all!! :D

But thanks anyway for implementing this...:tu:

Maybe it was a bit hidden and spread out but it was lurking in there somewhere:
- Racks: Added 6 Rack presets with Modifiers, Macros and Faceplates

- Racks: Added audio and MIDI processing to Modifiers in Racks (i.e. Envelope Follower and MIDI Tracker)

- Racks: Added Modifiers to Racks

- Racks: Added Faceplates to Racks
It wasn't really a single thing. It was more like we beefed up Racks over the past couple of months to allow everything and of course bundled some presents in to demonstrate this. There was a lot to cover so the section in the 9.2 video was small. We hope to do a much bigger demo/tutorial on it soon.

Thanks!

dRowAudio wrote:Maybe it was a bit hidden and spread out but it was lurking in there somewhere:
- Racks: Added 6 Rack presets with Modifiers, Macros and Faceplates

- Racks: Added audio and MIDI processing to Modifiers in Racks (i.e. Envelope Follower and MIDI Tracker)

- Racks: Added Modifiers to Racks

- Racks: Added Faceplates to Racks
It wasn't really a single thing. It was more like we beefed up Racks over the past couple of months to allow everything and of course bundled some presents in to demonstrate this. There was a lot to cover so the section in the 9.2 video was small. We hope to do a much bigger demo/tutorial on it soon.

Thanks!
But this is all Racks related... I speak about single plugins in the track...
If I recall right, there was no way to let a normal plugin preset recall macro assignments and faceplates, but this works now (as long as the faceplate is saved seperate in the default faceplate directory...)

Or do you speak about, that all the changes to faceplates in the Racks led to the improvement of presets of single plugins in the track???

Ah I see. It's probably something that I just had to get working to support all of the Rack stuff and that helped fix the other use cases.

dRowAudio wrote:Ah I see. It's probably something that I just had to get working to support all of the Rack stuff and that helped fix the other use cases.
Well done... thx again :tu:

Sorry to be the buzz kill, yet rack faceplate control assignments still don't show up when inserting a saved track preset into an edit. I can load the saved faceplate preset and get the control assignments back, yet why the extra maneuver?

Please fix.

Thanks,
P

PierreG wrote:Sorry to be the buzz kill, yet rack faceplate control assignments still don't show up when inserting a saved track preset into an edit. I can load the saved faceplate preset and get the control assignments back, yet why the extra maneuver?

Please fix.

Thanks,
P
It works here without problems... with macros... with everything...

Here's what does NOT work for me (currently using W 9.2.1).

Insert a new empty rack onto a track.

Pull in a Vol / Pan plug and auto connect it.

Make a faceplate that contains a slider that gets assigned to the volume control.

Watch it work as designed.

Highlight the track you just created the rack on and click on Create Preset, then Whole Track, name and save it.

Find this presets in the browser and slide it onto an empty track.

Open the rack and see if the volume control assignment is still active for the rack.

* Note: When creating the preset, select Track plugins and outputs and the result is same. The only option that works for me is Track Plugins.

Out of interest, if you use an external plugin (like a VST) instead of the internal plugin, do the attachments restore from the preset?

dRowAudio wrote:Out of interest, if you use an external plugin (like a VST) instead of the internal plugin, do the attachments restore from the preset?
Interesting you should ask, in that as strange as it may seem, I've only experimented with internal plugs in racks with faceplates.

I forgot to mention that it's the rack faceplate that loses it's control assignments, not the individual plug's faceplate.

Just experimented with the Airwindows VST Acceleration, which only has 2 controls - Limit and Wet/Dry and discovered that while assigning the controls that I could assign them, yet moving the faceplate's slider I'd assigned to Limit would not animate the plug's Limit slider in it's GUI, although I can move the VST's Limit slider and it animates the rack faceplate slider control. I created both a plug faceplate and a rack faceplate and this behavior is the same for both.

I saved this new rack as a Whole Track preset and inserted it into the edit and the same behavior is present as with the Vol / Pan plug, which is that the plug faceplate keeps it's control, yet the rack faceplate does not.

PierreG wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Out of interest, if you use an external plugin (like a VST) instead of the internal plugin, do the attachments restore from the preset?
Interesting you should ask, in that as strange as it may seem, I've only experimented with internal plugs in racks with faceplates.

I forgot to mention that it's the rack faceplate that loses it's control assignments, not the individual plug's faceplate.
I tested a bit further...

He´s right... it doesn´t work...
As I posted before, I think I made a mistake and used a single plugin instead of a Rack...

It seems that Racks doesn´t recall the Rack´s Faceplate when making a trackpreset: Whole Track
No matter if for VST or internal plugin... the controls are there but the parameters are not assigned

Copying a related bug report:

Loading a preset onto a track does not show the assigned tracks in the Track Destination that were saved in the preset. <no outputs> is displayed for all tracks that should have their outputs assigned. Closing and reloading the edit you just inserted the preset into may resolve this issue, yet other times one needs to exit and re-enter Waveform to get the track destinations to show up.

* This may be more pronounced when there are no other tracks in the edit that you're inserting a preset into.

* Note: Copying tracks to another edit also loses Track Destination settings.

Rack faceplate controls saved in presets lose their Assigned Parameters. Individual rack element faceplates controls retain their Assigned Parameters.

I've just had a look at this. Trancit's use case should now be fixed.
I've not looked fully in to copying to other Edits yet though.

dRowAudio wrote:I've just had a look at this. Trancit's use case should now be fixed.
I've not looked fully in to copying to other Edits yet though.
Cheers Dave!

:clap:

Return to “Tracktion”