Volume + Pan out of inserts

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1. Please Tracktion guys, remove those stupid vol+pan inserts from the mixer view as there is volume fader and pan knob on each track. It does not really make sense. Or add an option to make them invisible. Thank you.
2. Add sends into mixer
3. Please add more insert slots into master track as it is the most important track and 4 inserts are funny in 2018

thank you

Hello Poshook

I don't use the mixer view so I have a question for you. Do you ever insert a vol+pan into a clip or a couple of clips within a single track? That's one thing I have used these inserts for in native Tracktion view. If it is possible to do this in mixer view that could be one reason they are still available.

If that doesn't correlate to mixer view or if it is not possible I apologise for not understanding your problem.
It is time to come together in the middle of the road.

Hi there,

1) These can't really be removed. The way the Waveform mix bus works is that everything is a plugin and can be moved around etc. If we removed the vol/pans from the FX list, then you wouldn't be able to effectively reorder the other elements as some items would be hidden. You will notice however that the vol/pan plugin that's being controlled by the mixer vertical fader is shown in it's "compact" view without the slider.

2) If you have an aux send in the FX chain, it will appear in the mixer with a "send amount" slider.

3) You can circumvent this by using a Rack but we might increase this in the future. I think it's mainly there due to a lack of UI space and also as an indication that maybe you're using too many master effects?

2) as dRow suggested the aux send works fine for this.

3) can't imagine what you are doing with the master that needs more than EQ and dynamics?
Windows 10 and too many plugins

1. Having vol/pan be plugins makes gain staging way easier. I like the way Tracktion does it.

2. Having sends and returns be plugins makes them super flexible. You can do a lot of cool stuff, like send a track to a return before and after processing.

If you want, you can make a template with pre established return and send tracks.

3. One should decide for oneself how many master effects is too many. Sometimes it's fun to experiment.

Also, if you want a bunch of metering/analysis plugins, the 4 plugin limit can be annoying. It's annoying to have those in a rack cause you want to be able to solo a track and check the meters. But for the purpose of processing, like drow said, you can add infinite plugins within a rack.

A master bus chain for me could look like 1. Rack with processing effects (dynamics, etc.). 2. Loudness meter. 3. Spectrum analyzer. 4. Stereo scope.

Return to “Tracktion”