how do I lengthen a midi note?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Help! I'm simply trying to lengthen a midi note in T6. Change it from a 1/4 note
to a whole note. I'm trying every way possible to stretch it out. I did succeed
once, but the note only played the attack of the note and not the full length
of the note. I'm playing the midi track through DSK Overture. What do I click, what
do I do with the mouse, could it be in a program setting? Please help.
How do you change note length in Tracktion T6? Thanks.

Double-click on the MIDI clip. That'll make the MIDI edit options appear. Move the cursor over the note. At the left end of the note, the cursor will change to a four-way arrow icon, so you can move the start of the note left or right or up or down by holding down the left mouse key. Move the cursor to the right end of the note and it'll change to a two-way arrow, which you can use to change the length of the note, again by holding down the left mouse key.

If you're drawing notes by hand, you can change the default length ny clicking the note length and choosing a different length.

You can reduce the size of a track by right-clicking the left end of the track and choosing Shrink track.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

There are fortunately multiple ways.

1. Stretching the note with the mouse is fastest, but I will agree that this can be stubborn. If the note doesn't want to stretch, try zooming in closer.
2. Another way, which I use most often, is to change the note's length by using the "note duration" box on the bottom of the MIDI editor window. You can change it right to a whole note. Try this option.
3. Another way, which I've used when crafting some quantized notes to a slightly legato length, is to select the note or notes and enter in a specific duration in the Properties pane (the lower half of your screen). You can change a note with considerable precision here...from, say, 480 to 492...this helps with special sounds that need a bit more release or a bit less.

There are, I think, other ways to change a note length, but these are the three I use most often.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

Return to “Tracktion”