[BUG] [Cause Found] Clip-FX 'user Vst_Plugin path missing

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When using the FX within an audio clip there is no option to choose my local installed LXVst ( ./vst )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mikoatkvr on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.

In Settings, under Plug-ins, you can specify the folders you want checking. Put the missing one in and rescan.
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Thanks @jabe but I already have my ~/.vst path set in >settings > file locations > plugins , this is the thing, I can add plugins from here by dragging the plugin generator icon onto a tracks mixer, it's only in the clip FX that the path is missing.

..... actually scrub that, ive just realized on that particular machine that I must not have set the path as it works here on my laptop ... i'm really having one of those days today lol ... il mark as solved and once again thanks for pointing out the issue :)

Yep, had one of those days...
[W10-64, T5/6/7/W8/9/10/11/12/13, 32(to W8)&64 all, Spike],[W7-32, T5/6/7/W8, Gina16] everything underused.

Ok I was actually on this particular machine today and the path to ~/.vst is set , so I will have to remove the solved status from the title. Everything look similar in settings compared to my Laptop ( running the same system ). There is only 1 real difference that I can see that I have a symlink from ~/vst to a drive in ~/.wine/c , but this should not be making any difference afaik and I need this for a windows vst running through Carla.
It's really weird the way I can see this folder in the plugin selector on the tracks but not in clip fx.

un-marking as solved ....

Ok I've found the culprit for this not working. Basically there has to be a VST [ effect ] in the root of the search folder or else the whole folders content i.e subfolders are not registered/searched . Looks like it's possible that there is not a recursive search started after failure to find a plugin directly in the folder. Please fix this one Devs , @dRowAudio thanks :)

Return to “Tracktion”